painting price

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friends friend who has painted 5 cars before so he knows what hes doing said he would fix all fixable dents, rust spots, and re paint my car nighthawk black pearl for $800. that includes the cost of everything, labor, paint, clear, etc etc.

i could do that, or give him maybe 550 and my carbon fiber hood that he has been bugging me to sell him forever?

assuming he does a good job, is that a good deal? or is he ripping me off?

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that doesn't sound too bad, as long as he does good work. it'll cost you over a grand to get it done professionally. Just make sure he knows what he's doing. I'm all for supporting the do-it-yourselfers so if you think it's worth it, go for it!

Peace and Llove
Eric

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, as long as you're sure he does good work.. then go for it.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno....he's only done 5 cars :scurred:

check out some of his work, then make a decision....I guess if you aren't lookin for perfection, it sounds like a good deal

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds Like a good deal. I'd go for it if his past work was okay.

civic2nv

CCCC #259
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a good deal man, just don't let him screw ya over by doing a crappy job

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it is a good deal...i do good work and i have only been at school for one year..painted and fixed many things but only one whole car...the best thing to do is check out his work on the other cars that way you can see what he does and maybe just ask him how he is goin to do it and what products he is goin to be using to make sure it isnt cheap ass products

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98civic98 said:
my friends friend who has painted 5 cars before so he knows what hes doing said he would fix all fixable dents, rust spots, and re paint my car nighthawk black pearl for $800. that includes the cost of everything, labor, paint, clear, etc etc.

i could do that, or give him maybe 550 and my carbon fiber hood that he has been bugging me to sell him forever?

assuming he does a good job, is that a good deal? or is he ripping me off?
i had someone coming to my house they were gunna paint it for 600-700 depending on what kinda paint i picked out, but like 3 weeks ago i hit up Maaco checked some cars they did and they looked very clean OEM looking paint and all.. i gotta price for a bigg ass dent i had in my 1/4 panel and a little rust spot about the size of a quater, they said 700 painted and baked, 175 for the big dent, 35 for the rust, they were gunna cut it out and re-weld it... and im gunna get a 4 year warrenty..

i know whats ur thinkin UTT oh maaco... but my boy had his girls car painted there like 4 years ago and its still lookin fresh other then how she treats the car.

bigpatskize

Fat boy with AWD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:

check out some of his work, then make a decision....I guess if you aren't lookin for perfection, it sounds like a good deal
:werd: :wstupid:

i mean only 5.............i don't know unless he is damn good at what he does then go for it i would think a little longer and harder about it myself!

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you check out his work and want to hire him, i would recommend you go with him when he gets the supplies so u know what kinda of quality is going into your car.

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah he does good work and hes good friends with my friend that reccomended him, i trust him so i guess ill do this.

but just for shits im taking my car to maaco to see how much it would be to just paint my car there. because that way i get to keep my CF hood, and have tons of money left over for wheels, and i saw some gsr fat fives with 60% tires for sale, for 250 bucks that i told the guy i would pick up for sure if i had the money in a few weeks. perhaps if maaco offers me a great price that seems worth the risk of a shitty paint job, ill do it. thanks for all the advice though.

JDMsta

CC's Assologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jezek said:

I'd have to agree....5 cars is nothing. Plus does he have an oven? or is he spraying this in the garage? I'd rather spend more and get the best quality

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98civic98 said:
yeah he does good work and hes good friends with my friend that reccomended him, i trust him so i guess ill do this.

but just for shits im taking my car to maaco to see how much it would be to just paint my car there. because that way i get to keep my CF hood, and have tons of money left over for wheels, and i saw some gsr fat fives with 60% tires for sale, for 250 bucks that i told the guy i would pick up for sure if i had the money in a few weeks. perhaps if maaco offers me a great price that seems worth the risk of a shitty paint job, ill do it. thanks for all the advice though.

you have like 5 diff jobs.. from 299? to 799? something like that... thats just for paint, but body works whats gunna cost you. im not sure about every maaco but the one around here have good body and paint guys. my dads friend useta work there now he got his own shop charging way to much but worth it.. he did my last car, paint stayed fresh for about 5 years.. im not to sure my bro got the car painted

mienboiracer209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a decent price...watever u do, dont bring the car to Earl Scheib(t)...that shiet made my car ugleeeeee, as if i painted it myself w/o a clearcoat...just dont ever bring it there...

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good price but check out the other cars he done and then if you like it then do it