my 97 civic hatchback cx

hatchryder

so i recently got a 97 civic hatchback cx and i want to fix it up to make it fast, (dont get me wrong im not gona try and abuse my car im literaly in love with it n want to make it better) but i dont know much about cars and how to fix them up, i know some pretty basic stuff, as of rigth now i have a cold air intake on it and recently did a tune up with ngk iridium spark plugs and 10.2mm wires, has a d16y7 stock engine with 115,000 miles on it, not sure if i want to swap or tune up this engine, was thinking about turbo but not sure if its a good idea to do it on this engine, also the clutch makes a rattling noise so im guessing i have to change it? also any recomendations on looks? well please if you can help me any suggestions are welcome, thank you!

will post up pics soon =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
got dayum, thats a clean unmolested hatch

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need to drop it, paint your wheels white, type r spoiler with lifters. and a nice lip and exhaust, and rock the f**k out of it

imallsuperstar

very nice clean car man.. yuou should get the 2k front end bumper and put a lip kit and some black housing headlights and jdm fog lights.. it will look sickk!! nd keep that engine.. its a good single cam engine man.. if u want to go turbo, get an ebay turbo kit.. just make sure ur motor mounts are still good.. also get some struts dn Lower Control Arms.. also get some good turbo headers if you are going to turbo it... and also this is actually a personal prefrence but if i had your car, i'll get some eyelids.. =] your car will look so sick.. btw, get a nice catback.. like a N1 styl;e or skunk2 or MAGNAFLOW... they sound lovely!!

Everything i just said is what i would do if that was my car.. Plus more stuff like rims and all.. some HX rims would look good too.. but its your car, this is just my opinion.. GOOD LUCK with your build, write back!.. =]

EDIT: Jeah what he said ^^^ LOWER it.. maybe on some H&R lowering Springs...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^ do not listen to this guy lol

no eyelids, no ebay turbo, no fart can. no springs,

get coilovers, full coilovers like function/form, skunk 2 ect, f**k some springs on a civic.

hatchryder

thanks to both of u for ur opinions, the guy i got it from said it was already dropped but i guess not much n he said it had some kind of aftermarket suspension or something? il post up a pic in a bit, n as far as the rims i cant decide if i wana go white or black to match the trims, n i was considering a spoiler but i dont want one thats to big, also i was considering doing a mini me swap n puttin the y8 head what do u guys think? n as far as lights i was thinking of smokin out the back lights n hid in the front, n thats a good idea with a s2k front bumper, thanks

imallsuperstar

dont listen to Redline.. hes a dwarf!! lol.. you can go with some coilovers if you want.. they are pretty nice.. but i would go cheaper and get some nice supporting springs.. they are good enough.. and also, if u want to get a mini me swap.. don't go with the y8, yes it has a bigger input but the Z6 head is way better, specially if u want to get turbo..

and just so your mind is clear on what my first opinion was like.. here is a picture of what i mean..

Black Housing HeadLights, JDM Fog Lights, Eyelids, 2k Front Bumper and a Lip...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and your car is Red.. RED is SEXY! your car would look like SEX-ON-WHEELS!!! trust me..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that car looks like a ebay built car, rides like s**t, and built with low quality china rip-offs,

imallsuperstar

just a piece of my mind..

that car looks like a ebay built car, rides like s**t, and built with low quality china rip-offs,
why you got to be such a hater man.. im just giving the guy things to look at and some opinions.. idk what hes budget is like.. so idk what he can afford.. if he tells me hes rich then i would pick better high quality stuff.. but no.. im pretty sure hes not.. and im sure he wants his car running good but not buy too expensive stuff... plus like i said, those were just my opinions, he doesnt have to agree with it, but at least now he has something to look forward too..

hatchryder

superstar: the pic looks nice, now that its all together i like how it looks, i really like the idea of the 2k bumper, and will the z6 head fit on my d16y7?
n what can u guys tell me about the picture i put up of the suspension?
n the interior i would say 7/10?
n no im not rich i deliver pizzas right now lol

hatchryder

im not worried much about interior right now cus i can take care of that anytime, i have a guy that will do it n only charge me materials

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why you got to be such a hater man.. im just giving the guy things to look at and some opinions.. idk what hes budget is like.. so idk what he can afford.. if he tells me hes rich then i would pick better high quality stuff.. but no.. im pretty sure hes not.. and im sure he wants his car running good but not buy too expensive stuff... plus like i said, those were just my opinions, he doesnt have to agree with it, but at least now he has something to look forward too..
im not a hater man, iv been down this road before, you end up rebuilding it cause those shitty ebay parts, break, wear out, or just plain out fail on you. its not f**king worth it to pay 7 dollars for a grill that will end up breaking, or 50 bucks for coilovers that ride like s**t,. or a turbo that wont last 2 weeks. its stupid as f**k. save your money, and do it right the first f**king time. im no kid man. im older than 99% of you i know what the f**k im talking about.

cliff notes

save your money, and do it right the first time, not skimp out and buy a bunch of cheap s**t ebay parts that you will end up throwing in the trash.

imallsuperstar

i like pizza...

superstar: the pic looks nice, now that its all together i like how it looks, i really like the idea of the 2k bumper, and will the z6 head fit on my d16y7?
n what can u guys tell me about the picture i put up of the suspension?
n the interior i would say 7/10?
n no im not rich i deliver pizzas right now lol
lol.. pizza dude.. i like ham and cheese pizza please.. but jeah..
here is a very interesting topic i found about D16Y7 Block and D16Z6 Head..
take your time and read thru all the comments ...
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/131112-d16y7-block-z6-head-questions.html

BTW, check out my Build Project! =]
____> My BUILD ---> http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=200645

hatchryder

hey redline so wat can u tell me about the suspension pic i put up? like i said i hav no idea what those are if theyre stock or wat? lol

hatchryder

SUPERSTAR: yeap im jus there til i know what i wana do with my life lol
n thanks dude im about to read it
n nice ride dude i like 4 doors theyre comfterble i used to have a 4 door accord which i traded for my hatch
so wat have u done to ur car?

AV4187

RedLine is right dont buy fake s**t that will just break on you...save up some feds with them extra delivery tips =) and buy your self some real stuff

imallsuperstar

SUPERSTAR: yeap im jus there til i know what i wana do with my life lol
n thanks dude im about to read it
n nice ride dude i like 4 doors theyre comfterble i used to have a 4 door accord which i traded for my hatch
so wat have u done to ur car?
nothing major.. just some new head lights, fogs and coupe bumper... im getting me a exedy stage 2 clutch next week.. i just got my axels replaced.. and withing the next week or two im getting me some coilovers.. i still have the stock single cam non-vtec, im not in a rush to swap anything.. ima get some good use out of this engine before i decide to part from it lol...