my 97 civic hatchback cx

emerican

Registered VIP
Looks pretty good man thats a clean ass hatch.
I personally would mini me it, but thats just me.
Not sure about that suspension sorry man.
Redline is right save the cash and do it right the first time.

hatchryder

Looks pretty good man thats a clean ass hatch.
I personally would mini me it, but thats just me.
Not sure about that suspension sorry man.
Redline is right save the cash and do it right the first time.
yea im considering a mini-me swap
so where do u guys recomend i get my parts if not ebay?

emerican

Registered VIP
It depends on what you want ebay isnt nessarily bad just because its ebay you just have to know how to use.
You can use club civic tunersports.com or any other site sponser to get parts, You can also use ebay as long as you are buying name brand parts from reptuaable sellers not some 20 dollar coilovers. You just have to use common sense really. Ebay exhaust is probably going to sound like s**t if its no name and dosent cost anything same as "jdm' anything, but no real name brand usally sucks. Ebay sellers love to just list things as jdm brand. With that being said there are somethings that no name can be ok on usally lip kits are fine always get pu though stay away from abs plastic. No name grills are usally ok i have one fitment was perfect im happy with it. Ebay headlights and some taillights let moisture in so if you buy them you need to reseal them when you get them. Any no name engine part do not get and obx is crap as well thats not a good brand as far as anything ive ever seen from them. Turbo kits off ebay are godawful they will destroy them selves quick and will probably hurt your motor. Shift knobs gauge bezels stuff like that sure ebay it to death if you want. When it comes to your engine however i wouldnt get any serious engine part off ebay. As far as intakes go buy the ebay intake and get a name brand filter a pipe is a pipe. The exhausts buy them just for all the pipping and put a name brand axle back on it and they will sound good. This concludes my rant about ebay lol. Tried to help as much as possible.

hatchryder

It depends on what you want ebay isnt nessarily bad just because its ebay you just have to know how to use.
You can use club civic tunersports.com or any other site sponser to get parts, You can also use ebay as long as you are buying name brand parts from reptuaable sellers not some 20 dollar coilovers. You just have to use common sense really. Ebay exhaust is probably going to sound like s**t if its no name and dosent cost anything same as "jdm' anything, but no real name brand usally sucks. Ebay sellers love to just list things as jdm brand. With that being said there are somethings that no name can be ok on usally lip kits are fine always get pu though stay away from abs plastic. No name grills are usally ok i have one fitment was perfect im happy with it. Ebay headlights and some taillights let moisture in so if you buy them you need to reseal them when you get them. Any no name engine part do not get and obx is crap as well thats not a good brand as far as anything ive ever seen from them. Turbo kits off ebay are godawful they will destroy them selves quick and will probably hurt your motor. Shift knobs gauge bezels stuff like that sure ebay it to death if you want. When it comes to your engine however i wouldnt get any serious engine part off ebay. As far as intakes go buy the ebay intake and get a name brand filter a pipe is a pipe. The exhausts buy them just for all the pipping and put a name brand axle back on it and they will sound good. This concludes my rant about ebay lol. Tried to help as much as possible.
thats some really good info man thanks
il keep it in mind when im buying parts =)

imallsuperstar

Ok, i was wrong about the Ebay turbo.. but everything else he said is what i was thinking about... and when you buy lip kits make sure they are polyurethane they dont break.. they can be bend a lot.. But hey emerican thanks for clearing that up to HIM.. those are some good things to know... :D

emerican

Registered VIP
Im glad i could help and i appercaite it guys i only comment on stuff im sure about. Years of being the mechanic friend and family member has paid off lol.

hatchryder

so im kinda decided on what i wana do, now i just need the money lol ive decided to leave the engine it has now (d16y7) i was told doin a mini-me swap was pointless since i wana turbo it, so pretty much my plans are

-skunk2 coilovers: will be ordering them soon but i was just wondering is there anything else i would have to change on my car if i get these?

-turbo: also wondering if i need to change anything before putting the turbo?

-headers, catback, exhaust: what brand do you recomend?

thats about it, i would really really really apreciate it if someone could help me, it would be great if u can give me specific names of each item i would have to buy and any brands you recomend? websites where i could get them? or any alternative suggestions to make my car fast? thank you

also now that i remember, im also planing to put a stage 2 clutch, and short shifter, any help with that?

emerican

Registered VIP
You need at least 2000 to turbo a car correctrly and thats a low estimate
For turbo you need the turbo, the intercooler, the manfiold, downpipe, all pipping and couplera, bigger injectors, better fuel pump, oil catch can, wastegate, other supporting mods and other stuff im forgetting and most importantly you need engine mangment and a tuner to tune the car the tune alone can be 400 dollars, but you cant cheap out on it. My buddy just boosted his y8 and he has 3500 in it. if its your dd i wouldnt attempt the turbo untill you know you can do it. Also after you get everything on you will need to tow it to whoever is going to tune it you cant have the biggerinjectors and boost on the motor with no tune and drive it to them. Also you need to compltly rebuild the engine beore you boost it all gaskets all scheduled maintence. once you boost it if there is any weak engine parts you will know so your looking at a good bit of money just replacing everything on then engine that should be replaced if your going to boost it.

hatchryder

alright looks like i gota save up some serious money lol
for now im planing on painting my interior il problaly start that in about a week
also gona get the 2k bumper n a lip kit

emerican

Registered VIP
lol yeah its no small task.
When you paint the interior be ready and have stuff to do touchup paint as depending on what color you paint it it almost always get a little scratched when you re install all of it.
What color are you going with for the interior?

hatchryder

alright thanks for the tips
and to be honest not really sure yet on what color theme i want that why im not starting that for another week lol
i was thinking black and teal? and exterior gray metallic and teal?
any recomendations on colors? lol

emerican

Registered VIP
I personally dont really do the painted interiors, but if i was going to i would do it in black with blue accents. If you do that though you cant go overboard with the blue if you do it will look ricey. There is a member on her Soon2bsick civic Check out his build thread and ask him some questions about it as he has done his entire interior.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, soon2bsick did a great job on his interior, I will be painting some interior pieces soon myself.