Del Sol Front End Conversion????

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
Okay so last night the front end of my 93 Samba Sol got tragically wedged into a telephone pole. Now looking around there are not ver many sol owners left and i really dont want to get rid of the car however i dont have the $$$ to pay fro brand new body parts. I was looking into front end conversions and prolly the nicer of the ones ive seen is the integra front end. (altho nothing will trully match the beauty of the stock del sol front...alas) I was wondering if anyone here knew anything abou front end conversions and how they match up and what i would need to get/do to make it work...any help would be wonderful thanks guys...RIP 93 HONDA DEL SOL SI :(

Tara Jean

OC_Civic's Girl
5+ Year Member
aww mikeyyy!!! im so sorry i herd what happened.... im so sorry. just good thing your ok!!! i was worried.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would look for 1 of three options
1. stay stock, its not that hard to get bumpers and fenders
2. go for the 96-97 front
3. if you have to do a conversion i would suggest 92-95 civics
if i can find the picture ill post it

Millhouse609

Blowin s**t up
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would def go for the 5th gen front end if you were to do a conversion... i have seen a picture of it before and IMO i think it looks pretty nice

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn man that sucks. I remember what its like to wreck your baby. I hit a pole with my sol head on about 3 yrs ago. If you decide to put a sol front end back on it, go 96-97. If not The 5th gen front end looks beautiful on a sol

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive also seen people with EM1 front end on the Sol and it looked f**kin fresh.

Millhouse609

Blowin s**t up
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so im guessing you hit the pole on pitney road near the blue marlin? there is a pole there with a fresh hit

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oo that sucks, love the color

props on the mac sticker

hope everything works out for ya

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
yeah that would be the pole lol and thanks on the sticker i mac rep for best buy :D if someone knows any how-tos on conversions or has any pictures of dif sol conversions it would be sweet

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha i did the same exact thing to my EG, atleast ur radiator support is still intact. I would replace bumer n fenders n save a few hunred dollars. if ur looking to do a conversion ur looking into mad money for fabbing in rad supports, painting. etc I just heated up my rad support n bended it back to original spot, slapped some halo lights in there cheak out www.advancejdmparts.com, they have some nice deals on headlights if needed. and go from there............... ill post pics of mine before n after shots. I had a good outcome, alittle better than expected

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn dude....at least its not that bad as i though, you can definetly get the car towed to my house....we can work on it there, since you dont have the room, well get it up and running, my auto tech teacher offered you to come back to class so we can work on the car here...maybe after it gets running thats something we can do...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It isn't as bad as you said, it didn't even get the hood. Just buy some more OE parts,and get them painted b/c I wouldnt trust myself to paint If I didn't know how, you are opening a can of worms you don't even know how big involved it is to cut off core supports, and on top of that, you'd have to have twice the amount of parts you need now. This might run you about 1k to fix it, not too bad, trust me. I work all day at a body shop and fix ones that have waaayyyy worse damage than that thing has yesterday.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol, if i were you, id join on many local forums and keep checking craigslist for del sol parts...you might even get lucky and find green ones..who knows?!? ill keep a lookout for youuuuuuuuuuu

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i have more there is a thread about this its pretty recent look it up a few to keep you busy

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only one that looks good to me is the silvia, I saw this one at a car show a couple years ago.

Very ricey, but the fitment isnt bad.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm... i would buy it off you. i miss my Sol.