2000 Honda civic ex 1.6 soch vtec

Ryuga

Hello I am looking for a new clutch and flywheel anyone got any brands I been told about exedy and might go with them for the clutch stage 1 but I also wanted to know if I need a new flywheel( i want to replace it either way) but wonder if I should go with a lighter flywheel or same weight ( I have no idea on the weight or any flywheel brands if they matter or not) so I was wondering if anyone has any clue the engine is rebuilt cold air intake not sure how much power but I use it as a daily.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

If you just plan on keeping it as a daily I would recommend the Exedy clutch kit and an OEM flywheel

Ryuga

Should I go with a light weight flywheel? Also can I match a oem pressure plate with a stage one clutch

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Should I go with a light weight flywheel? Also can I match a oem pressure plate with a stage one clutch
Light weight flywheel will give you better acceleration however it will also cause your engine rpm to drop really fast when off trottle. So if you live in a hilly area (Steamwood seams flat on Google earth) you will find yourself on the throttle more often. Heavier flywheel is weighted to help with engine rpm holding off throttle and also crank balance.

So if its going to be a daily driver, stick with the OEM flywheel, see if it can just resurfaced. If it gets resurfaced, ensure you get the proper spacer to installed with the flywheel to ensure proper clutch engagement.

Ryuga

Light weight flywheel will give you better acceleration however it will also cause your engine rpm to drop really fast when off trottle. So if you live in a hilly area (Steamwood seams flat on Google earth) you will find yourself on the throttle more often. Heavier flywheel is weighted to help with engine rpm holding off throttle and also crank balance.

So if its going to be a daily driver, stick with the OEM flywheel, see if it can just resurfaced. If it gets resurfaced, ensure you get the proper spacer to installed with the flywheel to ensure proper clutch engagement.
Ok will do but I would ask a follow up question which is I have a running to lean code p0171 system running too lean bank 1 i don’t know what cause it I have no vacuum leaks not sure if I need a new pump filter or injectors I did install a new cold air intake and before I installed it never had issues with it now I have issue with it( codes) not sure what to do or how to diagnostic it would appreciate some help. Also another code p1456 evap leak fuel system leakage

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ok will do but I would ask a follow up question which is I have a running to lean code p0171 system running too lean bank 1 i don’t know what cause it I have no vacuum leaks not sure if I need a new pump filter or injectors I did install a new cold air intake and before I installed it never had issues with it now I have issue with it( codes) not sure what to do or how to diagnostic it would appreciate some help. Also another code p1456 evap leak fuel system leakage
Fix whatever the heck that is supposed to say for starters because Im a few clicks from banning a chatbot.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What intake filter are you running? I've seen P0171 from oiled filers such as a K&N, which can cause a dirty MAP sensor. Check that and clean it. Also google the MAP sensor voltage outputs and check those with a multimeter.

Also, inspect the fuel cap for cracks, clean it if it's dirty, then replace and reset the CEL code, see if the codes come back. I wouldn't worry too much about p1456, I had that for years, but P0171 you'll want to address.

Ryuga

What intake filter are you running? I've seen P0171 from oiled filers such as a K&N, which can cause a dirty MAP sensor. Check that and clean it. Also google the MAP sensor voltage outputs and check those with a multimeter.

Also, inspect the fuel cap for cracks, clean it if it's dirty, then replace and reset the CEL code, see if the codes come back. I wouldn't worry too much about p1456, I had that for years, but P0171 you'll want to address.
I am running a aem duel chamber intake with a aem dry air flow filter and have cleaned the MAP sensor and even checked to see if it was faulty also replace gas cap deleted codes doesn’t come back after a couple of weeks. As for p0171 I hear a whining sound from somewhere and it seem I will be replacing everything from tank pump to fuel filter to fuel rail to fuel regulator to fuel injectors and see if that even helps. Even so I will probably replace them either way since it will be soon since it will be upgraded in the short future

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Throwing parts at it blindly isn't really the way to go about troubleshooting. Grab a copy of the service manual from the link in @nd4sped's signature and run through the troubleshooting procedure for the codes.