92-95 EG to 99-00 EK Front End Conversion !!

PaknBlack

I own a 93 EG Civic Hatchback and I am interested in doing a front end EK conversion mod. I have googled it plenty of times, It is obviously possible but everytime I read about it, it is talking about using 96-98 EK front end parts. And from what i've read it's not that easy of a job, involving cutting,welding and a different core radiator support. I've asked some of my Honda buddies and they tell me it's an easy blot off bolt on modification? I am wondering if you are able to do the front end mod with 99-00 EK front end parts and if so is it possibly easier with those parts? =)

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think its as easy as a bolt on...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont do it, it looks f**king retarded, dont waste a perfectly fine 92-95 front end for some botch job 96-00 front end, its dumb, and a waste of time and money.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont do it, it looks f**king retarded, dont waste a perfectly fine 92-95 front end for some botch job 96-00 front end, its dumb, and a waste of time and money.
id agree. the 6th gen front end is too big for the 5th gens body lines and such and it just looks awkward. The 5th gen is what i would say the epitome of the honda civic. but in the end its up to you

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the parts you'd probably use from a 96-98 is the radiator support since 96-98 and 99-00 share the same one..everything else you'd have to use from the 99-00..you'll probably have to cut your fenders now and cut/weld the new ones on..a half and half kinda thing..thats what i think..make sure to post pictures so you can be featured too! =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u will have to cut and weld and shape some metal.

body work will be a b***h, but it has been done.

i dont hate it, since i can appreciate the time and effort that goes into doing it.

if u have questions or need pointers on metal fab feel free to pm me...

my favorite..

kyral

5+ Year Member
u will have to cut and weld and shape some metal.

body work will be a b***h, but it has been done.

i dont hate it, since i can appreciate the time and effort that goes into doing it.

if u have questions or need pointers on metal fab feel free to pm me...

my favorite..
just because...
That is deffinately in the top 10 best civics ive ever seen

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if the fitment was better maybe..

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fenders are going to look funny, but if your good with body work and don't mind late nights trying to fix this, it'll prolly turn out good. It wouldn't look good on anything other than a hatch in my opinion.

Ron...

5+ Year Member
You need the hood, fenders, bumper, and core support from whatever year you want the front end to be. 96-98, all parts need to be the same set of years. Same goes for 99-00. The core support from those years changed. It's doable (obviously) but not a bolt on.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually when you order a 99-00 core support from the dealership, they'll send you a 96-98 core support..believe me, i've ordered many on cars that i've worked on

95_civichatcheg

i was looking to do this swap to. ive seen vids on youtube and it looks like it would be a lot of work. the one i seen the guy cut the fenders inhalf and welded the newer ones on the 92-95 fenders. i had a 90 crx with an 01 civic on it and it looked bad cuz nothing lined up i didnt do the swap. but as far as the civic i think i am going to do the swap just as soon as i can find the parts. any more pics would be great

Jet Takasaki

haven't been in the game since fast and the furious (first movie), took me a while of searching but found a kodak picture of my 2nd project, its a 92 hatch CX with 2000 front end, its a picture of a picture so sorry for bad quality, like i said before i did this car before digital camera's were available to the public, this picture was taken literally after i got the paint job, so it hasnt been buffed yet

Anyways long story short, if you know the right people it can be done cheaply, the paint and front end conversion cost me $600, not to mention he also shaved my doors, was literally done in a guys garage that he converted into a paint booth, he did a very good job IMO, but he did have to cut the stock 92 fendors and weld the 00 fenders, wasnt a perfect fit as you can see from the pic but it was really good, the other side (you can't see in the pic) match perfectly, i been into luxury since(2010 TSX)

But due to nostalgia i been trying to get back into the game, currently just bought a 95 integra GSR shell clean title, only reason why i looked up this post, i was literally trying to find my old car that i sold, was the car in the pic cept it had a BARD B18C, if your wondering how i did it, you need a lot of money, but long story short i BARD a USDM GSR motor after 11 failed smog attempts got it to pass smog and then sold the GSR motor and put a B18C in, they can't tell the difference

SCREW the haters that tell you not to do it, i think it looks sick
http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh532/joelwebb2012/?action=view&current=civiv051.jpg

Jet Takasaki

sorry, forgot to mention there is a very small gap in the drivers side fender where it meets the bumper,(yes its hard to notice due to being its a picture of a real photograph (for all the people who knew what kind of photos the filmed cameras produced) but passenger side was flush and perfect

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If everything fits well and works out, I give props to people who do custom work like this. It's unique. I appreciate uniqueness and trying to be different. I may not like it but I will at least acknowledge the effort.

BUT..... The reason I personally do not like it is because it does not look proportional and doesn't flow at all. Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing a 96-00 as a 96-00 and a 92-95 as a 92-95. But if you compare headlights/tail lights on both generations, they look proportional. 99-00 headlights are huge. When you put them on a car that originally has smaller headlights and what appear to be smaller tail lights (than the 96-00), it just looks awkward and doesn't flow (to me).

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think it looks good, the body lines don't flow as well as the original front end. You'll end up spending a lot of time and money trying to get it right and end up with a final product that is no better than the original. You'd be better off just trading up for a 99-00 Civic hatchback. It would be easier, look better, and you'd have a newer car.

That red hatchback is very well done, much better than average. It was probably done by somebody with a lot of body work experience. But… does it look any better than any other well built EG or EK hatchback, not really.