97 Ek Hatch

MiracleWhip

~ MiracleWhip's 1997 Ek HB ~ **New Pictures**

Edit: **NEW PICTURES ON PAGE 2**
Edit 2: 7/17 **NEW HID PICTURES**

Hey everyone,

New to the forum here, just bought a 97 Ek hatch a few days ago. Very excited. It's a very clean, stock car with a lot of potential. I would appreciate to get everyone's 2 cents, and any thoughts on what I should work on doing next. Thanks in advance!

-1997 Honda Civic DX HB
-D16Y7 with 128,xxx
-ViS Carbon Fiber Hood with badge (Password:JDM)
-Grade A Carbon Fiber Rear Duckbill (Password:JDM)
-Lowered on 2.75 K-Sport Springs
-AEM short ram intake
-Full custom exhaust 2.75 with 4 inch tip
-Integra mesh rims

-Pioneer Deck
-1 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1 sub

Pics (After 4 hours of wash, clay bar, detail and wax) -

Shiny =D

aye

any future plans or mods?

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice, some ctr tails and a front lip will do wonders

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could look cleaner with paint on the black plastics and hood.

MiracleWhip

@Aye: I'm not really sure right now kind of on a low budget. Might eventually do an H22 swap. Smaller upgrades like Megan headers, and a CAI are next on my list.

@XDESIGN305: Thanks! Well see I'm not sure if the previous owner did a swap but I remember him telling me that it isn't V-TEC? Sorry, not too familiar with Hondas, I'll try and get a pic of the engine bay and see what you think. Thanks for the feedback.

@civicSIcoupe: Yeah I've been thinking about ordering a lip from PWJDM, but they run pretty expensive. Definitely on my list of things to do though. Thanks for your opinions.

@speed_hr: Thanks man!

@EK|B: Really? Never thought of that but I'll look around for DIY's on that. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, keep it coming!

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Password: JDM*

The Y8 has VTEC, but if you really aren't sure, it's printed on the block right in front near the exhaust manifold. Well, it's not printed, more like cast.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking good! im gonna say front lip and paint at least your sideskirts and its cool

MiracleWhip

@USDM EJ6: Why not? It's a really nice car and once I do a swap the car will be even better.

@HatchmanEJ6: Thanks mate! I really like your HB too! Props!

@AllStockHatch: Thanks buddy.

@FAC3L3SS: Thank you for the correction, and yes it is in fact a Y7, confirmed that today.

@zachkelly: Thanks man. Yeah the lip is next on my list of things to do to the body, and I might paint the side moldings and keep the side-skirts as is. Thank you for the suggestion though.

@TheJDMProject: Thanks, I can thank PWJDM for that.

@jeders: It's comin' man. Working on a really low budget right now.

Thanks to everyone again for all the comments!

And why are my views so low?? Should I have made the title more appealing? Whatever the case, I would like to see more people commenting and looking at my car! Unless you are completely disgusted by it! Thanks!

MiracleWhip

@Aaron.:Thanks mate!

@civhatch: Thanks haha took me a good 4 hours but it was definitely worth it!

More pics on the way, keep the comments coming!