Are DC sports headers any good?

wreckr

Are DC sports headers any good? I want a smog legal header. Are they reliable? Do they improve HP? Gas mileage?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They will make your car louder and seem faster but they actually will make it slower.

Theyre pretty good fir the price

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They have a decent reputation, for a long time they were kind of the standard but in my opinion they kind of suck. I've had 2 and they both cracked. They used to be their own company, then were owned by AEM. Now I think they are owned by Pilot, makers of lots of shitty AutoZone parts.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
IMO, I only really care about them for looks. It cleans up the bay nice and looks good for photos. For performance... I'm not really into NA power and can honestly say i've never bought any go fast mods for anything NA. All the NA cars i've owned already came with the mods either on the car or in a box which I installed later (and sold). Currently, I'm driving a prelude with the DC header and I enjoy the sound it makes (in conjunction w/ the rest of the Greddy exhaust on the car). Not ricey sounding at all even though it looks like it would be.

In the end.. I think it's going to be more of a looks/personal preference thing.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't buy them :what:

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
The reason they're so popular, especially in Ca is because they're smog legal. I wouldn't waste my money on one

wreckr

Wow. Cracks. Makes slower. Louder. All bad, I want more power not looks. Thanks for your feedback. Im not gonna get one now.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well for my daily I have a 4-1 ceramic... actually made the car quieter and I lost some low end but gained a little more in the high end ( have more in the motor than bolt ons) but not bad for the price. If you are looking to get gains out of them don't waste your time.

Looks on the other hand, the stainless are pretty.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought the ceramic 4-1 because of CA's shitty strict smog policies, and because a stock D16 header was going for $250 on Craigslist at the time (needed a new manifold ASAP). I've had no problems with them thus far, and they did make the car smoother and quieter. As far as performance, I could care less, so I couldn't tell you.. this is my daily haha.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have the ceramic and it's solid as a rock... but mine was made before DC sports was acquired... no issues what so ever.