EK9 vs. EM1

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have been trying to figure out what the difference is for the front bumpers between the two cars. Is there even a difference? I am having issues finding a picture of a front view of an EK9 to compare to my EM1. Anyone have a link to soem pictures or know right off what the difference or lack of difference is?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow... you must have not looked very hard. :???:

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no difference besides the front lip, and the grill....

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Jspec Ej6 said:
there is no difference besides the front lip, and the grill....
Actually even that I think is the same.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, see I'm looking for a front on view that makes it easier to see, the pic posted does not show the grill, I cant tell if the EK9 lip drops more then mine or not, it looks pretty much the same.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just search for an EK9 grill for sale then. They have like a mesh inside them. They're not the same inside as the Si grill. It's the same shell of course though.

Either way, there's one BIG differece in the appearance of an Si versus a Type-R. The Type-R is a hatchback. ;)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
uhm, im fairly certain its all the same except for the headlights and hood emblem. why would honda modify the inner grille mesh for a type r?

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ek9 has the h emblem on the hood instead of in the grill but on the emi the emblem piece is removable, grill is same pattern as ek9, inside of the ek9 headlight is black and has city lights, em1 dont...pretty sure lip is the same

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
apart from the emblem on the hood and the headlights, I dont think theres any difference

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Actually the inside of the ek9 lights is gunmetal not black

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, thats what I'm trying to figure out, I think the fronts look pretty much the same, I suppose the grill is a little different seeing it does not have to have the place to boult the emblem seeing it is on the hood. So really at a quick glance its just the gunmetal lights. They do not have the amber in them do they? As well, I have heard people mention city lights before but I'm not 100% sure I know what they are, anyone care to explain, I did see a DIY about them I think but I did not really get the idea, put a LED bulb in your head lights... I dunno.. *shrugs*

ryanM

the lip is slightly more aggressive on the ek9, and the hood emplem, and the gunmetal headlights, grill is the same. everything else is identicle.

oh yea, foglights were optional on both, but on the ek9 they are yellow and they are clear on the EM1

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skinnyjdawg said:
Actually the inside of the ek9 lights is gunmetal not black
ok i was specific enough but we are on the same page

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The license plate holes would be different wouldnt they

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Deffiantly get the Gunmetal headlights though Jordan ;)

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, before you even started doing all your stuff I was trying to research some CTR parts.. like the headlights, and trying to find out what the deal with the CTR lip is.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
everything is the same except for the hood emblem and lights. the grille, bumper and lip are the same between the em1 and ek9. blah, blah, blah, blah..