h23 swap...haven't found much on it.

ekn00b96

ok so i've googled, i' ve looked in different places, and im kinda curious as to what an h23 swap would entail on my end going into a 96 cx hatch. id like to keep my a/c cause i have a newborn. when i got the car it came with the motor and tranny. where could i find some swap mounts? and from what im told the a/c components are the same, the only difference between the motors is the mounting brackets. are any of my dreams here possible? or should i just sell the motor and tranny and keep my gutless d16y7 lol. any input is appreciated.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it an H23 VTEC from an accord, or a basic H23? Also, from what I've read/heard, it's very similar to swapping an H22. In fact, H22 parts (some, not all) bolt to the h23.

ekn00b96

its actually out of a prelude from what im told. dude got tboned in his prelude and pulled the motor and tranny. im pretty sure its a vtec.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
well IMO you have a kid why would you wana swap it?

ekn00b96

well if i can keep the a/c thats what makes it a kid mobile, but id like to have something a bit more peppy, better platform for...um...merging into traffic lol