high quality header vs. cheap knock-off header?? what matters?? For B18c

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need a header for my B18c!!

here's a pic of a no-name header from ebay that is only $75 shipped new. i know that obviously a more expensive and higher quality steel is going to give more gains, but is it worth it?

i would really like to get the ITR header, but they are a little expensive for me when this header looks very similar other than the polished look and is like a fourth of the price.

i want to know the pros and cons of a quality header with a reputable name versus a knock-off no-name header that will save money as far as power gains, sounds, longevity, etc...

Also, what headers do you recommend or not?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got a cheapo one. and mine is doing great. its not as shiny as i first got it but, besides that. its cool

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would go for a Megan header. Pretty much same quality as DC headers I think. I got my 4-1 for 188 shipped

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC-SPORTS-4-1-JDM-CERAMIC-HEADER-96-97-INTEGRA-TYPE-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ010QQitemZ200225969885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Buy this one, You'll regret buying that one. I bought one just like that for my gsr, and about 2 months later the runners just started to crack for no reason. I didn't ever bottom it out, just was junk. Just buy the right one the first time.
i saw that DC ceramic header on ebay earlier. but because its ceramic, won't it rust? i would prefer stainless

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think all header's rust eventually... Especially if you live where it snows. You can use header wrap on them if you don't want to see the rust.

I'd say either go for a DC Ceramic or Megan Racing. I'd probably go for a Megan Racing myself because I can't justify spending $400 for hp you won't even notice.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:cool::twisted:dc is a good brand i have it in my car

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well a friend of mine had an ebay 4-1 header on his jdm b18c, it hung real low and didn't hug the oil pan well at all. He recently got a Hytech replica 4-2-1 header, the quality difference is amazing, hugs the pan much better, and he ran it at the 1/4 mile track and did 3 tenths of a second better than he ever did with the ebay header. The Hytech replica for B series if priced very well, and I believe it makes a good bit more power than the Comptech header for B series. I believe they start a 350 shipped.
http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2052395&page=1

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You probably wont see as much of an hp gain with a better quality header as you will better longevity. The welds in an ebay header are probably going to crack easier than a DC ceramic header will.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only a f**king dumbass is going to pay $300 buck for a f**king header for their civic. If you're in it for the speed and you're seriuosly going to race then you should have a header custom made for you ;) Other than that a cheap ebay header will do. There's other cheap headers out there like megan, pace setter and other s**t like that. I myself had a pacesetter header when I was n/a and it worked just as well as a over priced DC piece of s**t. When you buy DC you're buying the name and that's all but all the weak ass tools love their DC headers. :lol: whether it's DC or a e-bay header you'll see the same exact gains ;)

If you don't believe me then just look at the hundreds of threads on this subject. There's a search button on the top of your page and it's really not that hard to use. :retard:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why in the hell would you spend 900 bucks on a header?
f**king retarded if you ask me! For $900 bucks you can have a custom header made for your exact set up and mods that will give you the maximum hp you can possibly get. The reason these headers are so expensive is because there's actually retards out there that will buy them.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**king retarded if you ask me :lol: For $900 bucks you can have a custom header made for your exact set up and mods that will give you the maximum hp you can possibly get. The reason these headers are so expensive is because there actually retards out there that will buy them.
:word:
Even then I wouldn't spend that much.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I bought the Ebay header and the DC. I bought the ebay one to try to save money, but it sucked d**k and cracked after 2 months of use. $300 isn't that much for a header. Aparantly someone has a hard time parting with money. You can't take it with you when you die.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why in the hell would you spend 900 bucks on a header?
Excellent company with lots of R&D in their products. That header probably gets the maximum power of any motor they go on. I spent 500 dollars on a Camp1320 header, which is basically a custom header made to order. I say it was very well spent. I made 194whp and 153 wtq on a stock H22a with a Hondata S100 tune. I'd be willing to bet that the Buddy Club header makes better power than that on the B and K series engines.