How to swap EP3 seats into EM2's

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So i picked up a pair on EP3 seats, and i kept reading that only 3 of out 4 bolts would line up. So what my buddy and I did was to swap the rails/brackets and he pan also. This was the only way that you can do this to have all 4 bolts line up, rather than just 3.
All the tools that you need, are 12mm,14mm and some scredrivers. You take off the seats, and you have to unplug the seat belt and SRS plugs that are under the seat. So once you have oyour seats off you place them upside down, and place them on top of a quilt or something like i did.
Here come the pics

From there, you start taking off the panels/covers on the side of the seat and also taking out the black bolts that are covered by those covers.

After you have take off the bolts, you should end up with something like this:

and this is the whole assemtly that must be transferred to the EP3 seats.

After that you align everying and bolt everything back and you should end up like this:

Its pretty straighfoward. took my buddy and I like 4 hours to complete. If you have any ?'S

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have reasonably small time periods between mods.... i like that :thumbup:

good work how to's always help

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
you have reasonably small time periods between mods.... i like that :thumbup:

good work how to's always help
thanks man, but I think i have a problem, I always have to buy new stuff. And its not even for me that I buy the stuff, but its for the car :x . But I didn't like the Ex's seats anyways.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM2 said:
thanks man, but I think i have a problem, I always have to buy new stuff. And its not even for me that I buy the stuff, but its for the car :x . But I didn't like the Ex's seats anyways.
i encourage spoiling your car.... think of it as your japanese girlfriend

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude, that hella makes me want to get some Ep3 seats or type s seats.

Do this apply to Type S seats as well?

are those seats from the 02-03 ep3?

Looking awesome man!

does the seat's interfere with the armrest? looks like yours is gone for some reason, because i believe all 01-05 ex's came with armrests.

i'm so going to do this sometime.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
Dude, that hella makes me want to get some Ep3 seats or type s seats.

Do this apply to Type S seats as well?

are those seats from the 02-03 ep3?

Looking awesome man!

does the seat's interfere with the armrest? looks like yours is gone for some reason, because i believe all 01-05 ex's came with armrests.

i'm so going to do this sometime.
They are 03's, yeah it should be the same as the Type S's im pretty sure.
It dosen't interfere with anyting, i didn't use my armrest it got in the way when shifting.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sweetness dude...

Now i need to Find some Tan Type S 05-06 or EP3 seats. unless black leather seats would look weird in a tan interior. Altough i like the black better. lol

juanjoseh22

5+ Year Member
bro i have the ep3 seats in my 98 civic, a friend did it but they dont line up right if u can help me how i can change the rail from my stock seat rails to the ep3s thanks

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
Sweetness dude...

Now i need to Find some Tan Type S 05-06 or EP3 seats. unless black leather seats would look weird in a tan interior. Altough i like the black better. lol
Do the Type S's come in tan? I think you should stay with than.

and to juanjose, are you using the stock EP3 seat rails? If so i don't think they are interchangable from the 7th gen to 6th gen. The best thing would be to have the ep3 rails, where it mounts to the floor to have them cut and have new mounting tab's welded in.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeap, the Type S' had tan. The White, and red exterior colors and i forgot the others.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
i encourage spoiling your car.... think of it as your japanese girlfriend
^^ :lol:

Good write up bro! :thumbs up Seats look awesome!! My Cousin has an 04 EX, he'll prolly want to do this if i show him this thread

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the replies, im loving the EP3's they are very confy.

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man looks really good. oh and for the rsx seats. front bolts line up and and one of the back holes u have to file out. then people have forced it for the other to line up or just filed out both back bolt holes. instead of swapping the whole brackets.