My '93 Civic DX

shane_lxi

Senor Big Balls
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, my name is shane. I work at Les Schwab's in a small town called Hoquiam Washington. I joined this board a while ago, but I was embarassed by my car, so I didn't post pics of it. My gf just told me that I would prolly recieve minimal crap for posting pics of my car, so I thought I could get away with it. I went broke right after I bought it, so there is a lot of stuff that is unfinished on it. REMEMBER! This is a work in progress, so don't just it like this is the final result. I plan to smoke the tails balck with nightshade, because I HATE the ricey altezzas, they look really GHEY! I also plan to do the interior in all balck and grey too, like the stock black and grey, cause I hate the stock brown color. I also need to fix the hood. The cable latch broke when I bought it.I tried fixing it myself, but I have sausage fingers :D, and the shop wants $150 to put it in for me :P. f**k THAT! I am just going to go with hood pins. Well, here are some pics of it the day I got it.

Here is what it looks like now. Here is what I have done since I bought it:
- 17" Quantum Tek wheels with 205 40 17 Nankang tires
- G2 Fireball muffler
- Lowered 1.6" with an Eibach Sportline Kit
- Koni adjustable struts
- New clutch (not a high performance one though :( )

Thassit. Now stop bitching at me NX!!

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is your hood open? what are those lines going from the hood to near the license plate? rims look pretty nice... paint the side moldings and door handles and it will probably look really amazing

shane_lxi

Senor Big Balls
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you. I thought I'd get flamed for sure :P. As for the lines, those are bungee chords :D, lol. The hood latch cable is broken, and there is only one place in town that will fix it... for about $150 :P. I just said screw it, and I am going to put in some hood pins. Hopefully I can find some that don't look too ricey :P. Kind of ghetto, but hey, I don't think the car looks that bad concidering that I have only had it for a month, and don't have very much cash :P. The first thing to go will be the ASS UGLY ALTEZZAS! I hate them, I would post a pic of them, but they ruin the car in my opinion, just ghey lookin' :P.

94cdx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's cool

Hey, how the hell can you be embarrased by that first start. The car looks good. As far as the enterior, just let it down a little, which I'm NOT going to do with my 94 DX, get rid of the Altezzies, and black colored front lights (or you can keep the clears) would go great with your rims and tires; clean and wax that baby down, and wax coat the tires, too. Make your tires, rims and lights speak on arrival, baby. We'll talk performance later, and it doesn't cost a bundle for the d-series engine, either. You can get 130hp from the start by doing a d16 vtech swap, and that engine and tranny you can get for less than 1g. Another 20-50hp can come from standard mods (cold air intake, exhaust, muffler, chip, etc.). If you don't want to do a swap, do the standard maintenance, throw some engine restorer in your oil mix, and do the standard mods. You can add some serious push to a d-series engine. I'm pushing a (join the Sedan Clan here at Club Civic).

MDurai

The Crunk One
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good to me, I'll second the painting the moldings and door handles

94cdx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MDurai said:
Looks good to me, I'll second the painting the moldings and door handles
Oh, and like whathisname said, those lines going to the license plates DO look good. When you get the bungee cord removed *L,* replicate those lines with a paint job. It's a nice touch with your tfront tires, rims and wheels making that entrance.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the second set of rims you've got on there. Yeah, paint the mouldings.

shane_lxi

Senor Big Balls
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
94cdx said:
I'm pushing a (join the Sedan Clan here at Club Civic).
What's that, a club or something? If it is, sorry, I am already in WAie (Washington Import and Eurotuning). If it is just like an online ring htough, sure, I'd love to :D.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heh heh...another 5th gen sedan! 8)

<---Club Civic Sedan Clan #17=me. It's here on Club Civic just for us evolved enough to have 4 doors

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
YEAH MAN, the car looks really good for a start. if you paint the molding and handles and even the mirrors, the car will look better. as for the interior, i know how you feel. i wanted to get rid of my tan interior, so i just started painting everythin. now i regret it cuz it's ricey, but whatever. i started it, so i'll finish it this summer. don't be embarassed about anything you own, because it's yours. later.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
heh heh...another 5th gen sedan! 8)

<---Club Civic Sedan Clan #17=me. It's here on Club Civic just for us evolved enough to have 4 doors
looks good, it's just a start. First thing you should do is paint door handles and side moldings IMO... then do a bumper conversion to a coupe bumper.

shane_lxi

Senor Big Balls
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that really concidered a conversion, I heard they just bolted right on. I do think they look better though, the front bumpers on the sedans are kind of dumb :P. Also, I forgot to mention that I have had the car for 1 month. Just wanted to ad that in :D.

civikskilz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the car is fine for now, dont worry too much you just got it man relax everyones givin u good suggestions, just remember to mod how u want to not what u think everyone else will think is kool

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say ditch the sedan and get a coupe IMO

dipset891

whats really good?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice
like everi1 says paint those moldings and the handles

shane_lxi

Senor Big Balls
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, there are a few problems with it. Burns a little oil because the previous owner didn't take very good care of it. It has a nickel size rust spot above the left rear wheel well that I need to get fixed soon, it is highly cancerous. Also, there is a dent on the left rear door like right behind the door handle. I can pound that out myself easily. Also, the glove compartment is busted, so I need to go to the junkyard and get a new one. After that, the problems will all be taken care of. Then I can start focusing on making it go fast, and look good doing so.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone hasta start somewhere!! Your off to a better start than me at least you have rims already!! i have i/h/e no rims though :( But anyway Looks good bro i like it!! Keep up the good work!

shane_lxi

Senor Big Balls
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, yeah, you pretty much hit the nail right on the head with that one :D.