Opinions? Slammed on steelies

Jeff2000civic

Jeff2000dx
Thinking about spending the money for coilovers. But then I can't buy wheels... So slam it on steelies or what?

What's your guys opinion on the look?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it would look good man, let me find the pic...

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its how my car looks in the winter lol

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
As long as the steelies arent rusted up, they'll look fine. If they bother you, just throw some hubcaps on!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lowered without wheels is 10000000000000000x better than not lowered with wheels.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wheels are just like stickers to me =) people care too much about the rim and not enough about what tire you have on it. u can get some decent rubber on steelies and still have a nice sized sidewall for a better ride

Trekk

Registered VIP
Not going to lie, when I see someone lowered on steelies. I think to myself, "poor person". Never would I be caught driving a car on steelies, unless they had the factory hubcaps on them.

Even then, I'd buy rims first, and then cut the springs if I couldnt come up with the rest of the money.

CO671

Registered VIP
There's a guy in my area who lowered his 99-00 sedan on its steelies. It looks really nice in my opinion, it's so simple. But if you can do something about those steelies like paint them or widen them you can pull it off too.

Here's a thread I don't know if it'll interest you or not but just putting it out there
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2563323

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
Not going to lie, when I see someone lowered on steelies. I think to myself, "poor person". Never would I be caught driving a car on steelies, unless they had the factory hubcaps on them.

Even then, I'd buy rims first, and then cut the springs if I couldnt come up with the rest of the money.
It's a civic afterall, not a lamborghini.. :what:

CO671

Registered VIP
It's a civic afterall, not a lamborghini.. :what:
Spot on mike. spot on, I bought a Civic because I knew it'd be a cheap fix and modifiable car with my minimum wage job and me still in high school.
@OP
Work with the steelies find something original or experiment with things people have done with their steelies!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go with the suspension man. Steelies are the proper wheel actually, unless your civic came with alloys from the factory. Get the suspension, you should also leave the hub caps on your steel wheels. They look much better like that.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm by no means slammed, but I don't have money for rims, I did have money for suspension though. Closing up that wheel gap should be priority number one.

I for one agree with a few people above in saying that steelies look bad, I personally don't like them at all, makes your car look real cheap to me. so I left my hubcaps on.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
My personal opinion, I bought rims and good tires first. Just the rims changed the whooooole look of my car, then i lowered it later. Drove fine looked fine stock, but much better lower.

Stock height:
[/IMG]

Lowered later:
[/IMG]

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If the steelies look good and aren't all shitty looking then it will be fine. Clean is clean and you can't hate clean.

Trekk

Registered VIP
I'm by no means slammed, but I don't have money for rims, I did have money for suspension though. Closing up that wheel gap should be priority number one.

I for one agree with a few people above in saying that steelies look bad, I personally don't like them at all, makes your car look real cheap to me. so I left my hubcaps on.

See that looks clean. I'd rock that.