$2000 to spend///What to buy?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah dude....i know that its just my point and i made it....how about some sway bars?

mailboy

Got Boom?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive already stated that i dont want to buy a new motor untill my d series blows up

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your d series won't blow up unless you do something stupid... =)

mailboy

Got Boom?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like i wont be getting a engine swap for awhile..
considering i drive for a pizza place. I have a feeling ill be needing a new one soon.:-)

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Looks like i wont be getting a engine swap for awhile..
considering i drive for a pizza place. I have a feeling ill be needing a new one soon.:-)
The D probably would be nice to keep seeing as how gas will probably continue to rise.

Do the employers raise wages for drivers to compensate gas prices some or no?

mailboy

Got Boom?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah everytime gas goes up Drivers b***h and our wages go up..

Thanks ebp for helping me out man..

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
alright man..

Keep the d.. I would probably go turbo in your situation since it looks like you're just looking for more power and wont auto-x or road race. You're going to be satisfied with it after its done, AND you said you dont want to swap motors.

As far as suspension, get ground control sleeves and Kyb Agx's (if you're low on $), Tokiko Illuminas, or Koni Yellows (best option, but pricey). I have Agx's and it rides pretty smooth with very very little bouncing. You said you wanted your suspension like the car with the c8's, but if you're delivering pizzas, that's not going to work. Your front lip and oilpan are going to get taxed by speed bumps and large hills, so "dumping" your car isnt a great idea, plus you limit your suspension travel (= worse ride quality) by doing it. I would just go with a tasteful drop (2.5 or so) and be done..

and at the place I work, the owner refuses to increase the delivery charge.. our prices are high enough as it is :x

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i say drop about ~$1k into a good set of full coilovers.

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree suspension is where its at ... if you have the money you cant go wrong with a real nice suspension setup

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont have alot of money so i plan on just buying some omni adjustable springs, ride on stock struts until they blow and if i have the money ill buy some kyb agx's (expesnive!!)

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coil overs and some Rotas. =)

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get 1900 double cheeseburgers...............................and a medium coke

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yo, cheeseburgers kick ass I am +1 for that idea

mailboy

Got Boom?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and at the place I work, the owner refuses to increase the delivery charge.. our prices are high enough as it is :x
Where do you work at??? I noticed your in alabama. im down in dothan, Alabama. The bigger city down in the southeast.

But thanks for your input man..

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^you still have to pay tax either way

i offered to give my buddy 10000 double cheeseburgers for his poor mans type r and he said he would have done it just for the pictures. too bad mcdonalds would never know what hit them. i wonder what they would say if you rolled up in the drive thru and ordered 10000 double cheeseburgers and a diet coke?