D16A9 Turbo Dyno day!

hondaSi_col

5+ Year Member
D16A9 Turbo Dyno day! LAST UPADTE!!!

Well yesterday i went to dyno day i was runing 7 psi with crome, pulling the ECU...

and this is the video the result was 160whp @ 7psi tune with crome

more will come..next week 10 psi and 15 psi!

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice

mods?

hondaSi_col

5+ Year Member
the mods are
Vtira pistons compression 8-5 1
Turbo Garret To4 super 60
Dsm 450cc
Turbo XS rfl
Turbo manifold
Intercooler CX Motorsport
Stock pipes, only muffler
External Wastegate
Boost controller
tune with Crome

i think thats all... LOL... dont remember more right now

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bet you if you threw on some 15's your car will be slightly faster bro. Those 17's (could be 16's) are way too big for your sedan bro. They'll keep you from your motors full potential and your handling will be sacrificed.

hondaSi_col

5+ Year Member
i bet you if you threw on some 15's your car will be slightly faster bro. Those 17's (could be 16's) are way too big for your sedan bro. They'll keep you from your motors full potential and your handling will be sacrificed.

yeah i know! am waiting to go to the 1/4 of mile, soon..

with 17s looks pretty, but in a dig will help 17 inches... u will see more vids in 1/4 of mile...u will see

AND MORE BOOST!! hell yeah!

hondaSi_col

5+ Year Member
well today i put 12psi of boost... DAM IT!!!! too much for me LOL!!! soon at the drag strip and dyno with 12 psi of boost!! ;)

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i know! am waiting to go to the 1/4 of mile, soon..

with 17s looks pretty, but in a dig will help 17 inches... u will see more vids in 1/4 of mile...u will see

AND MORE BOOST!! hell yeah!
17's result in broken axles.

I was hoping for better numbers then just 160whp. I mean those motor stock are 130hp. With you having a midly built motor I would assume on 7psi you would be hitting better numbers.

Get rid of the big wheels and restrictive exhaust system and I could see better numbers coming from that.

Also that intercooler is way to big for your setup at the moment thats probably hurting your performance.

I would use that intercooler on 300+whp cars.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the diff between that D16 and a b16 in a DA? They look identical...?

hondaSi_col

5+ Year Member

I was hoping for better numbers then just 160whp. I mean those motor stock are 130hp. With you having a midly built motor I would assume on 7psi you would be hitting better numbers.

Get rid of the big wheels and restrictive exhaust system and I could see better numbers coming from that.

Also that intercooler is way to big for your setup at the moment thats probably hurting your performance.

thats right detained! u know what am talking about, the restrictive exhaust thats shitty :P LOL...u will see soon at the 1/4 mile... and more numbers

Deathcab

5+ Year Member

Biinngo

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

the size of wheels dont break axles. its having sticky tires and a lot of torque that break axles

just because the motor was built doesnt mean hes going to be putting down a lot of whp. you have to remember that he dropped his compression ratio which means less horsepower. to compensate he needs to turn the boost up.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

as for the numbers...remember hes at high altitude.

hondaSi_col

5+ Year Member
Well this is my last aupdate, today i went to the dyno tu pute better the map with crome and the results was this

12 Psi = 265whp!!!

i think is really nice, i forgot the camera to rec a video dam it...:S srry guys u will see the other thurday!! at the 1/4 of mile.... i'll promise!!