03 Civic EX mod suggestions??????

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just bought an 03 EX.....don't know where to start...any suggestions??? Not necessarily looking for performance upgrades, just something to look nice........Please and thank you....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Didnt know that the EX came with steelies..............is it automatic or a 5spd?

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
auto tranny d17 engine......all stock under the hood except the cold air intake.....AEM short ram....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
cold air intake.....AEM short ram....
Cold air intake and short ram intake are different......you need to do some research buddy.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
heh, id lower it first and get some wheels

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
uh yeah. and you should drop it. put dat b***h on 17s. camber. megan full exhaust. renegade body kit, get some fog lights. carbon fiber hood. and taillights. HID convert the headlights. get projector housings. get an oem spoiler. tint windows dark. paint calipers and drums same color as car. or red or blue. rsx racing seats. put 2 12" subs in the trunk. and you'll be straight. but you'll be out about 10 grand.

jono237

5+ Year Member
uh yeah. and you should drop it. put dat b***h on 17s. camber. megan full exhaust. renegade body kit, get some fog lights. carbon fiber hood. and taillights. HID convert the headlights. get projector housings. get an oem spoiler. tint windows dark. paint calipers and drums same color as car. or red or blue. rsx racing seats. put 2 12" subs in the trunk. and you'll be straight. but you'll be out about 10 grand.
lmao that pretty much summed up everything :shocked2:
id skip some of that tho like body kit i like the oem look MOST body kits look ricey imo

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
well the renegade has more of the BA look to it. but some of the others i agree. they do look ricey. its hard to get a good tuner look with a car that was ment to look affordably luxurious.

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
may i just ask whats with all the 'what should i do to my car' threads lately? do whatever you want. you can do anything. go with your taste, your style, and your goals. go check out other people's rides to get some ideas and go from there. personally i dont think anything looks nicer than big fat turbo bolted to a d17... well except maybe a bigger turbo bolted to a k20.

CaliCivicLx

Respect the ride
5+ Year Member
A turbo on an automatic? :P Oh yea that nice! :P
I agree make it your own. Do some research, get some ideas and then start spending that hard earned cash. And by the way, you have a AEM Short Ram intake.
Happy Tunning.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn.....don't have 10 g's........like the ideas though thanx

So for starters, how about dropping it about an inch or two...and maybe a lip kit (instead of a body kit)?????
But would that look right before sitting it on rims????

The last car i bought was already nice, didn't have to do much to it.......never started from 100% stock.......

Thanx

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok 1. I have a total of about 3k in my turbo kit as it sits today.... with another 1.5k in parts i cant afford to get tuned at the moment.... it can be done cheaply, but turboing an automatic is retarded

2. personally i think a drop with oem wheels looks better than wheels with the monster truck suspension, but its ultimately up to you.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
Keep it clean. Honda did their buyers a favor when they designed this car from stock. Its one of a kind and it looks pretty good stock. Maybe different suspension and wheels but other than that the body can be stock! Save your money. You don't wanna be known as "all show and no go" do you?

RedCiviC02

Alante, Alante
5+ Year Member
Just bought an 03 EX.....don't know where to start...any suggestions??? Not necessarily looking for performance upgrades, just something to look nice........Please and thank you....

off topic question . r u dominican 'cause i'm from there too. this is one of thousands ideas u can do to have an agressive look on your ride even if u don't race ,just for show. hope it helps.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
slam it and call it a day.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
off topic question . r u dominican 'cause i'm from there too.

Tu lo sabe!!!!! pero yea I just don't know exactly what to do first........where to start-I have so many choices to pick from........