camber for lowering

IgotLove4CiVic

5+ Year Member
Do i need a camber if i want to lower 1.5''? 1.5'' isnt a major drop so i want some opinions on whether it would shave my threads.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good question.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
i got my camber kit off ebay for 80 bucks only front though, and works great never had a problem with it

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
blox front and rear camber kit is what i use. got them for a good price as a set off ebay from jpusa i think.

although i replaced the torx bolts for 6 point socket type so i can tighten the front camber better.

and yes, fixing your camber on any drop is a necessity. you will save so much on tires.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What you really do need is an alignment.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't technically NEED a camber kit. Some negative camber is actually good for handling. I lowered my car with Eibach Sportlines (rated 1.7-1.9 drop) and I never got an alignment or any camber kits. Tire wear is slightly feathered.

And camber is overrated. Toe is what matters. If you're that worried, just get an alignment after lowering. Screw camber kits.

EM1FTW

5+ Year Member
my car is dumped without a camber kit!
i wouldnt really bother with one.

toe eats up tires faster then camber anyways

d-proff

5+ Year Member
i tried to get an alignment at tire discounters they told me that they cant because i need a camberkit and i am only dropped 1.5 inches

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i tried to get an alignment at tire discounters they told me that they cant because i need a camberkit and i am only dropped 1.5 inches
Go somewhere else, they are lying to you.

d-proff

5+ Year Member
yea they are ass holes they told me it would be 650 for camber kit and installation i just left after that i aint going back they also told me same day i had a bad hub and i took it somewhere else and the other guy said thay all where fine

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go somewhere else, they are lying to you.
:word:

I'm lowered around 2-2.5 inches and I found a place that can do an alignment for me using factory parts.

It's funny... The guy I was talking to at Good Year when I bought my all seasons, he goes, "you know, you need a camber kit right?" and I go, "eh, no not really. I'm not lowered that much". He looks at me like I'm the biggest retard in the world and goes, "uhh actually you do. Not to scare you or anything, but we had a guy that came in to get new tires and he was lowered too without a camber kit and I kid you not, he was coming in once a week for a new tire because he kept shredding up his tires". I laughed to myself and didn't even try to continue that conversation with him. It's been...3 months since I bought tires? They're barely wearing unevenly. A little feathered but wear is still good.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do people usually put rear cambers too?
yes..some people do the washer trick but you should do it the right way..my car is lowered on neuspeed sport springs 1.75 front and 1.5 in the rear...went through my first set of yokos in the back faster than I should have because of camber wear....I suggest ingalls camber kits..about 90 bucks per set and they are amazing..good luck...

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alignment and then Washers + longer bolt or Camber kit

godluvstegs

5+ Year Member
i recomend camber kit on any drop. no matter how little its been dropped.
the money you invest in your camber kit you will end up saving on not having to buy new tires.

and if you buy from JHPusa.com then your going to pay way too much

blox front and rear camber kit is what i use. got them for a good price as a set off ebay from jpusa i think.

although i replaced the torx bolts for 6 point socket type so i can tighten the front camber better.

and yes, fixing your camber on any drop is a necessity. you will save so much on tires.