link for factory duckbill DIY?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can anyone give me a linkto a factory duckbill DIY. ive searched and searched and cant find anything. i know ive seen it before but i cant remember where. any help would be appriciated. thanks

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What Does That Mean? Do You Want To Extend Your Stock Wing Or Something?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres a diy to raise it up to look similar to a spoon. i just want the link to do it till i get an acuall duckbill

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
id save the $ for a spoon one...

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't it just a washer trick?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it only costs like 5 bucks and i think it does have something to do with washers. i just want to do it. im leaving for the military in a months so ill have money for a spoon one soon but untill then. does anyone know the link or not? i was asking for opinions. just the link. thanks

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get longer bolts and space it up to desired level with washers..... its just like popping the corners of your hood...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its not overdone i think it looks clean..

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it only costs like 5 bucks and i think it does have something to do with washers. i just want to do it. im leaving for the military in a months so ill have money for a spoon one soon but untill then. does anyone know the link or not? i was asking for opinions. just the link. thanks
what branch?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Subtlety is the name of the game here. It's really quite easy to do.

1. Open your hatch.
2. Pull off the trim piece on the very top.
3. Undo the four (4) 10mm capnuts.
4. Lift out spoiler.
5. Pull the rubber wire boot out of the hatch and unplug the spoiler.

Now to do the 'pop' ...

1. On the two "front" studs (the ones closest to the third brake light), find two equal height nuts that are the same thread pitch as the studs and original cap nuts. Put one on each stud and tighten down as much as you can.
2. On those same two studs, install the original cap nuts (tighten as much as possible again).
3. On the hatch, use some sort of water-tight removable material to cover the holes the two studs in question originally installed in. (I find two strips of electrical tape works perfectly).
4. Reinstall the spoiler in reverse, except only bolt in the "rear" studs. The posts you made out of the original cap nuts and extra spacer will rest on the taped holes.

I had this setup for YEARS. No damage to the car, no damage to the wing, and no water leaks.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look guy, I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere around here on removing a spoiler.

BTW, I don't care what they tell you, Coast Guard is not military. Good luck anyway.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coast guard. can anyone give me instructions to take the spoiler off?
OMG you lucky bastard! You actually got in or going for the test to get in?

Coast Guard is not military. Good luck anyway.
You wouldn't be saying that when your beach house was getting attacked by pirates and you needed help!

They have guns, don't they? Yep, they do!

I'm also pretty sure they go through the same training as the navy seals.

Last edited:

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You wouldn't be saying that when your beach house was getting attacked by pirates and you needed help!

You sir, nearly made me piss my pants.

Beach pirates?

Same as Navy SEALs?

Oh, and a lot of people carry guns, that isn't saying much.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
can anyone give me a linkto a factory duckbill DIY. ive searched and searched and cant find anything. i know ive seen it before but i cant remember where. any help would be appriciated. thanks
:word: save some money!

and BTW PM me pics of your yellow HID's USDM EJ6 :P.. i wanna see what it looks like
Post it... Wanna see that ej6... Yellow hid . I like that. Sound like a cool convination...

MunkyRealOne

Do work!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

:lol: I carry a gun does that make me military!?!? :roll:

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
btw im in the navy now. coast guard wouldnt let me in because of a tattoo. who ever said coast wasnt military, you know nothing. coast guard is military. i work with them alot so get ur facts straight before you look stupid again

jb0ne

Banned
you'll prob blow a gasket on this one; but i dont even consider Navy to be military. maybe thats cause my grandfather (a real soldier ; US marines.. ever heard of em?) always referred to the navy simply as glorified taxi drivers. Not to mention being stuck at see for months at end with just men will do to you. Your last post says something about looking like an ass.

Heres an excerpt from some of the finest and highest ranking geniuses ever to step aboard a vessel.

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
NAVY FAIL

naw completely kidding. everyone needs a good rant in the morning.