Chris's EJ6 build-up thread!

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats awesome man...i remember when i used to have my coupe...i had the single cam turbo thing goin on. that was pretty fun i miss it actually. i was just running stock internals on that too on 7 lbs. ive been thinking about going boost again, but im still trying to decide a good size turbo for just 6-7 lbs on my motor, maybe the t3/t4? i need to research lol

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah for sure. The whole reason why I'm going back to boost is cause I had a built and boosted Y8 haha.

My turbo is a .48 trim T3, VERY small, but it will spool quick which is what I want.

A T3/T4 would be good if you want more top end =)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think im going to have to start a new project...hmm. im gonna start thinking about a setup and sourcing parts

edit: what about you doing about the injectors?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Word man. Let me know if you need any help! I'm coming down on my drunkness and need some sleep, haha

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
got some more goodies in today:

oem honda bumper plugs

and some OEM amber bulbs for my 96-98 climate control, gonna do it the right way this time...

i just ordered a 96-98 amber clock a few minutes ago also...so that should be here in a few days

UGH! i love spending money

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i guess no one cares :(

oh well...

so i installed my j's racing hook today, the oem bumper plugs, and i fixed my climate control bulbs, i also tucked my coolant overflow and a few other little things

i know the bay is super dirty...itll be cleaned within the next week or so...

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the tow hook. Is the bay going to be painted red too?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Very nice my friend! Tow hook looks great. :thumbs up
yeah dude im likin it alot! i remember back in the summer i had to get my car towed once...oh man i had to fix it, but when it was being pulled up the truck it broke a tab off my lip :( i was sad...so now i dont have to worry about that!

I like the tow hook. Is the bay going to be painted red too?
thanks man, and probably not.

i was originally going to paint the car white, so when i swapped, i painted the bay black. and i kinda like it black because its a nice contrast with the accents of the bay...having the bay red would be too much red on my car imo, but then again, you can never have enough red =)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
blahh that header is an eyesore to look at...i was thinking possibly a rmf header? opinions?

either that or a jdm itr header, but ground clearance is a huge issue on my car...

edit: im thinking a tri y header would be sick

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so sexy :>

i want to paint match my lip and skirts and get a rear lip :[

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn ball3r s0n!
pics of the climate control now?! might have to get these bulbs for teh hatchling

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get an itr header w/ benen heat shield, they look really nice.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn ball3r s0n!
pics of the climate control now?! might have to get these bulbs for teh hatchling
sorry no pics of the interior until my block off plate and amber clock come in :banana:

Get an itr header w/ benen heat shield, they look really nice.
this is true, but im worried about the ground clearance because its a 4-1 header.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you gonna get some folding side mirrors? i think that would really complete the look.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
are you gonna get some folding side mirrors? i think that would really complete the look.
im shooting for spoon sports mirrors, actually.

there are some things i would change, but it looks like its coming together.
thanks bro...im sure your not a fan of the carbon fiber lol. but the direction im going doesnt include cf. hopefully within the next few months the car will start looking the way i want it to.