Chris's EJ6 build-up thread!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u would have to get a dremel or somehting like that or get it chromed..

i just remember u talking about headers b4 and i thought u wanted to get away from dc..
just doesnt seem like the direction u r heading with ur car to me..
what did u ever decide about ur engine bay?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
weren't you looking into that narrow header awhile back? Im surprised you went with DC too. I figured you'd go with something better.

did you get stainless or ceramic?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok guys well look, i dont plan on having this engine for much longer, so im not going to spend much on a baller header, by next year i will have a jdm itr motor, and then i will spend the big bucks for a hytech or rmf header...and its ceramic

as far as the engine bay, when the time comes, im going to take the motor out and do it red again...but with having a girlfriend, sometimes its hard to work on my car as much as i want to :(

and about the tranny, everyone keeps flaking, so i almost have enough $, im just gonna find a damn b16 tranny and then sell the gsr, im hoping to find a trans this week, i might have to borrow some $, but i want to get the trans in before it starts getting really cold..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya wait til u have 2 kids and a house payment lol..

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i could only image it must be tough to find personal time :/

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya but isnt that y we modify vehicles?

truck is torn apart as we speak for a complete rejuvination...(if anyone cares lol)
i love my time in the garage with some metal playing and getting dirty and sweaty as hell working on the truck and helping friends out with their s**t..

projekz

5+ Year Member

truck is torn apart as we speak for a complete rejuvination...(if anyone cares lol)
i love my time in the garage with some metal playing and getting dirty and sweaty as hell working on the truck and helping friends out with their s**t..
What's personal time:what: LOL 2 kids and a wife will do that to you! But like mymmeryloss said, you need something to keep you sane!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For now i have the time, but i dont have the money. Gotta stack for the wedding :shock: thats why my build slowed down so much. Your plans sound good though, i thought about doing that myself, but i figured id rather spend the same amount on a boost set-up since my motor has super low mileage.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

what are you doing to it?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wooohoooo just sold my 99-00 taillights, time to put my gsr trans up for sale and find a b16!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its kind of a secret lol, but what do u think of a completely shaved engine bay, no brake booster, no wires, no clutch res no brake lines and ya, a 13bTT...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its kind of a secret lol, but what do u think of a completely shaved engine bay, no brake booster, no wires, no clutch res no brake lines and ya, a 13bTT...
holy s**t. lol i need pics...

FINALLY, some good, and i mean GOOD updates.

#1 going tonight to pick up a MINT b16 trans with 60K. =)

#2 calling out of work saturday (cause i have off sunday and monday) so i can start on the trans friday, and ill be installing my AEBS intake manifold plus my new header if it comes in (which im hoping it will) and my act lightweight flywheel.

#3 my friend is helping me take out the gsr trans, and then buying it!

#4 ordering my red BBS center caps saturday if not friday.

#5 ordering some other goodies =)

#6 there is a HUGE end of summer meet up in north jersey sunday, so i gotta get the car ready by then to turn some heads :D

pics will be up later tonight of the new goodies :D

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
loving the car man. One question tho, im swapping to b series in the next day and hope to be up and running friday, anyway i saw your not running any power steering or ac. Do you see a big issue with that like windows fogging up bad when it rains or car being a pain in the ass to drive without ps or did you just change steering rack out?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well cx hatchbacks do not come with power steering from factory, i have a manual rack, which came factory. as far as AC, its not really that bad, as long as you leave the windows cracked, its doesnt fog up, at least not on me...

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well cx hatchbacks do not come with power steering from factory, i have a manual rack, which came factory. as far as AC, its not really that bad, as long as you leave the windows cracked, its doesnt fog up, at least not on me...
Damn, guess ill just have to find out in person, lol.
But yeah i was hoping it was a dx but it cant be that big of a deal. Thanks for info and goodluck on future mods

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so i was hanging out with 1 out of 3 milano red jdm rhd itr's in the US last night when i went to meet up for the block and trans...SICK.

also just ordered my red bbs caps...woohoo

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
block? wat block?
and sick seein a itr! and w00t for centercaps