D16? Vtec? No Vtec?

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
Nope no sunroof but everything else on the car is EX just the motor isnt. anyways i think im gonna havfta go down to the loan office today to look at them titles because im almost sure that if it is not the original motor and its listed as an EX on the titles then the mileage on the car is not correct so i may be able to do somthing about it as far as my loan goes
if it doesnt have a sunroof then it isnt an EX. its probably an LX or DX with EX badging.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yep, you got a d16y7 - non vtec.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if it doesnt have a sunroof then it isnt an EX. its probably an LX or DX with EX badging.
:word: If it has glue from an EX badging, someone probably put on on there to make it look like an EX, then took it off later... that sucks, man.

civic661ej8

5+ Year Member
its probably a DX but dey just slapped EX emplems on it, damn but dat sux dude, sumthing like dat happen 2 my homie but it was worse

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mini-me swap time!

Hondaskitzo

5+ Year Member
LOL yea its clean cus i take care of my s**t trust me it looked more like it did in that 3 pic i posted when i first got it. But why would one put ex emblems on there i mean if you were gonna do that you might as well slap some Si or Type R badges.

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
LOL yea its clean cus i take care of my s**t trust me it looked more like it did in that 3 pic i posted when i first got it. But why would one put ex emblems on there i mean if you were gonna do that you might as well slap some Si or Type R badges.
because you can get EX badges from a junkyard for like 3 dollars.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well no one is going to believe its a green em1 or ek9. at least it was a legit badge though, and not some GT-R or 1.8T badge :lol:

:scurred:

matt9112

5+ Year Member
yeah allot easier to get you to believe its an ex...anybody looking for an EM-1 should know what there looking for plus ex has sohc D engines em1s have b16s therefore it would have been harder to rip somebody off with that bs. do you have power windows? that's an lx/ex thing too if you have roll ups its a dx =/ or worse a vx maybe? that totally sucks how much did you pay?

Hondaskitzo

5+ Year Member
Yea it has power windows and door locks no fog lights though although in the fuse box there is a fuse there where the space is for the fog lights and i can tell it was wrecked before you can see in the engine bay where there was body work done. usually they dont put fuses if it came from the factory with out fog lights. And i paid 4 grand for it not a bad deal as far as price goes. but now that im learning all this im seriously considering swapping the head.