Chris's EJ6 build-up thread!

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
100-400 is good. depending on your shutter and fstop

not too sure how much noise will be introduced when iso goes up with the d5000. i know the d3 and d300 can shoot up to 1000 with barely any noise.

I usually shoot on manual to overexpose a little. And overexposing is risky since you cant make the hot spots detailed again. Underexposing it will allow you to make it brighter in photoshop and keep the details.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think you need a spark plug wire cover to match your intake =o

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok opinion time.......side mirrors for my car?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CTR's or paint match the ones that are on there

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i was leaning towards power folding ctr
i have them on my hatch :] but i dont have the wiring and buttons to power them lmao. and they're black, gonna paint them after i fix a few mechanical things, i think usdm prelude or integra mirrors will fit to correct the vision on them. But evan knows what to do, i read his thread on them but totally forgot what you need haha.

hmm those 2 pictures, they dont look as crisp as they should be. what iso and fstop are they?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah dude im super pissed that i cant get good pictures...i think im gonna try a 55-200 lens. i dont remember exactly what the specs were on those pics. i joined this forum called my canikon so hopefully ill get some good feedback there. i think the iso was 400

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
make sure your focus point is on the closest part of the car to you. if its set on auto focus it might be a little off. definitely try lowering the iso to 100 or 200 and use fstops around 11 to get most things in focus. Might have to set the camera down, looks like the weather there is a little mucky

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
alright ill try those things...and yeah it was overcast today...blahhhh

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok so...i wont be using photobucket anymore. the quality of images between photobucket and flickr is amazing!

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
here are the same pics on the last page uploaded via flickr

what a difference!

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL! thats hella better! i stopped using photobucket years ago because i see "image no longer available" crap on sites all the time from them.

pictures look awesome. good work =)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the 2nd one is kinda shitty but i think its because i edited it lol!!!

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you play with the saturation on it? i think im seeing the noise lol. when possible, use your white balance to get more vibrant colors instead of post editing.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i did add more saturation...after i took the shot. i will try to mess with white balances for sure

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can't just pick up a DSLR and be good with it, it takes time to play around with the settings and see what works best with what. The lens isn't your problem at all.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
time for some car updates!!!!

just bought some 96-98 oem clear round raybrig fogs