2000 VSM EM1 build blueprint idea

KT RYU

5+ Year Member
I came up with this after closely wattching peoples builds and picking out things i liked. Please critise on things i can make better! because im just a rookie and some of these decisions can eb bettered! Thank you for looking. i will attach pictures of my car when im at home!

2000 Civic SiR VSM
B16A2

Buddy Club III Racing Cams
Buddy Club Retainers
Buddy Club Dual Springs
Buddy Club race Valves
Buddy Club racing head gasket (0.5mm)
ARP Head Studs
Spoon or Buddy Club adjustible Cam Gears.
Jasma/Mugen 4-1 header
Apexi WS2 cat back
ARC intake.

Goal : 180WHP

Bembo Slotted front Blank Rear Disk's
Hawk low dust Pads
Tein Flex coilovers
Tein EDCU
Sprint Heart CP-R's 16inch (not decided on offset)
ASR subframe brace
Blox LCA's
Beaks lower tie bar
ASR 24mm Sway bar

Buddy club dual bent short shifter
Energy bushings
CTR shift boot
Skunk 2 weighted knob
Red DC5R Reacros
CTR door panels
CTR carpet
CTR floor mats
SI/SIR OEM Lips
CTR headlights
JDM "SiR" Badge (Red with black outline, intead of my silver one)
CTR momo SRS steering wheel
Greddy Touch.

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Ditch the blox lcas and get function 7 other then that good choices on the parts you've made

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Plus you better have some bucku buck if you want to do everything on this build.

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a swaybar to go with that asr. Something like a asr/ctr/itr one would be a good match

KT RYU

5+ Year Member
Plus you better have some bucku buck if you want to do everything on this build.
well, its going to be gradual. i have just bought my EM1 about a month ago and am right now in progress of replacing OEM items.

Edit: Function 7 makes two kinds regular i assume and "Type-r"style. each has to different kinds as well. standard and sphereicle bearing type. which should i look into for daily use? sphereical bearings seem like a little much. i see they also make a subframe brace now (new) would you guys suggest that over ASR?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
b16s don't make 215whp on all motor. stock compression especially lol. You don't need a new fuel pump for 215whp either way

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
get a swaybar to go with that asr. Something like a asr/ctr/itr one would be a good match
x2. no point in getting an ASR brace if you don't upgrade the rear sway bar
b16s don't make 215whp on all motor. stock compression especially lol. You don't need a new fuel pump for 215whp either way
x2 again. you'll need to rebuild the block with way higher compression (maybe even bore and/or stroke it out) to get 215whp.

yea you don't need that fuel pump, maybe not even those injectors either. you didnt mention anything to tune the motor on, btw...?

KT RYU

5+ Year Member
the 215 is actually a typo, i ment 180 WHP.
also i did leave out the tune. either chrome or ubrdata is what the local speed shop is generally good at. i was also going to leave my stock sway? if not, any recomendations?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not trying to start anything...but how does 215 and 180 get messed up in a typo? They arent even close. Especially on a keyboard...

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 215 is actually a typo, i ment 180 WHP.
also i did leave out the tune. either chrome or ubrdata is what the local speed shop is generally good at. i was also going to leave my stock sway? if not, any recomendations?
Sway bars
Civic Type R - 22mm
Integra Type R - 23mm
ASR - 24mm

any of those would go well

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
go 45mm or go home

:lol:

KT RYU

5+ Year Member
Not trying to start anything...but how does 215 and 180 get messed up in a typo? They arent even close. Especially on a keyboard...
easy! i was typing a turbo build up at the same time, my goal for the turbo build was 215. i just got the two mixed up! lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're going to invest that much into a B16, I would rather much go with a K-Series at that point...

KT RYU

5+ Year Member
K's are really hard to come by in my area. and i would have to drop about 6K all at once. where-as i can get the (motor) parts locally for about 3-K

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Then why not go with atleast a B18C1 GSR motor. More displacement, and more potential for more power. I dont see why people spend 3k on a 1.6lt....

C-M-CUM-EM1

5+ Year Member
Good luck bro, chrome ecu tune would do great until you can get a dyno tune, I just got mine on not long ago and its great

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the project man