Soon2bsick Vtec

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol thats funny that people are still asking about that power cord.
Well it's funny that people still harp on this, but I think he has taking care of it or is going to do so soon, I did mine through the firewall but under the driver side, my other power wires are on that side as well.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I have Not ran the power cord through the firewall,

I see the *point* trying to be made about the power wire running where it is but at this point being that this car is not even on the road yet, its not the highest thing on my to-do list and furthermore there is not even a crease or blemish on the wire to indicate that it is being smashed, cut, rubbed or altered by it's location. But I do agree it needs changed and in fact will be re-ran... when I get around to it.

got my front lip, haven't taken it out of the wrapping but I glanced at it (tired) not sure if it just clips on or if I need to by screws or something but it didn't come with any so *shrug* I'll try getting it on tomorrow, rear one should be here Wednesday

I've got $200 buckz, what should I buy?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will have to make holes for it to screw in, but mine came with screws and to litte bracket pieces. As for the money, um you could buy stuff to wire tuck the bay like wiring to put the battery in the trunk or something. or get black carpet and finish out your interior

emerican

Registered VIP
Cant wait to see it on.
I agree wire tuck would look sick.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Today is laundry day,

got bored and decided to take some pics of my primered, dirty, skirtless mess :cool:

enjoy :lol:

emerican

Registered VIP
Looks better in primer than with that horrible graffic it used to have on it IMO. How much body work do you have left on it or is it done?

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
just have 2 golf ball size dents on the passenger side to go over, drivers side rear passenger door has a dent in it that can't be bondo'd over and I can't fix it myself but I had the car a month before I even noticed it so I'm not worried about it at this time. Just realized while looking at the pics that I forgot to take off the drivers side hub cabs lol the other side is off. I think I am going to go ahead and order my tail lights tomorrow, the altezzas are making me want to puke. Apparently my shifter came in but I'm out of town so I don't have a chance to look at it until tomorrow, my steering wheel and rear lip should be there as well.

want some opinions:

should I paint over the chrome window trim or not?

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Not ran the power cord through the firewall,

I see the *point* trying to be made about the power wire running where it is but at this point being that this car is not even on the road yet, its not the highest thing on my to-do list and furthermore there is not even a crease or blemish on the wire to indicate that it is being smashed, cut, rubbed or altered by it's location. But I do agree it needs changed and in fact will be re-ran... when I get around to it.

Dude... Not trying to be a d**k but...

The point isnt that the wire could get "smashed, cut, rubbed or altered" its that its 1. Half assed and secondly, I've seen power wires short out and FRY. Literally melt the coating in less than a second. It happened to me when my switch shorted out when I had my competition sub setup in. I'm telling you right now It will f**k stuff up, like interior panels, other wires, and could cause a fire. Thats some serious s**t. Not to mention its a eye sore and clear indication for ppl checking your car out that if you half assed the system, what else is half assed in the car...idk about you but that'd be pretty god damn high on my to do list over painting the window trim. It takes what, 30 minutes to do it? And thats giving you a coffee break.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Just read through most of the thread, you've been doing good work bro. Have the lips came in yet? i wanna see pics of that fo sho, and a couple pages back you got some shifter bushings (i think?) how did they work for you? and the cannon is classic lol :popcorn:

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yea you bought that wheel & hub kit, yea can't wait to see that on there.

tdaddyross

just have 2 golf ball size dents on the passenger side to go over, drivers side rear passenger door has a dent in it that can't be bondo'd over and I can't fix it myself but I had the car a month before I even noticed it so I'm not worried about it at this time. Just realized while looking at the pics that I forgot to take off the drivers side hub cabs lol the other side is off. I think I am going to go ahead and order my tail lights tomorrow, the altezzas are making me want to puke. Apparently my shifter came in but I'm out of town so I don't have a chance to look at it until tomorrow, my steering wheel and rear lip should be there as well.

want some opinions:

should I paint over the chrome window trim or not?
u primed ur door without taking the dents out???

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want those dents out, use a hammer. or if your careful. You can use a torch and water and shrink the metal back.

Also i agree on the wire. The shop i was in, we had a new person installing a sub in a car. he messed up with the wiring and fried an entire harness. Thats not a cheap or easy fix

emerican

Registered VIP
Only use the torch method if you are confident in yourself to do it. I have seen it done though it works pretty well.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol thats why i said careful. if your painting over it though you should be ok, just take your time and work your way up. and look into it online

emerican

Registered VIP
I know a few folks that can do it and if i ever need it done i will call on them lol i dont trust myself enough. only because i have never used that method im sure i could do it just dont wanna risk that one.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I'm not worried about fixing that dent, you only notice it if I point it out and you walk up and feel it. I've tried the hammer/mallet thing and it didn't work out and I can't get to it from the inside so I'm just going to leave it alone. Maybe in 6 months or so when I go to paint it in a shop I'll fix it. this car looks 99% different after all the hail dents we've fixed so I'm not worried about one I can't notice

I get that the wire needs moved, and again... I will be moving it. now lets lets move on,

got my shifter and bushings

also got my steering wheel but I forgot to take a picture of the front of it so I'll do that tonight

I have to figure out how to wire up the horn, I found a DIY how to do it but its different looking than mine

steering wheel came with two wires (green and blue) and the back of the horn has two tabs on it
hub has one red wire

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are a few write ups on how to do the horn. The horn is a negative signal. Im actually going to the junk yard tomorrow for a crx or ef shoe horn for my wheel. there is other ways to do it too, a common one is the metal tab from a pen

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Love that blue stitch on that wheel, looks really good.
thanks man, steering wheel feels sturdy and I'm very pleased with what I paid for it. the plastic shield around the hub is kind flimsy and def a cheapo but the part that matters (metal) seems sturdy.

what do you guys think of these:

trying to find some that wont get all crappy moisture in the inside

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98-CIVIC-EK9-EURO-CHROME-CLEAR-HEADLIGHTS-ASSEMBLY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCivicQ7cYearQ3a1996QQhashZitem53e6855682QQitemZ360349783682QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4458wt_1165