Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
1sik you would probably know the answer to this,

I've posted a thread with a poll about which fog lights to get at http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=201160

will the OEM fog light button fit into the middle console that has the plastic plugs in it? I really have nowhere else to put it as my alarm light is taking up the one on the left side of the dash

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe it will actually. I know the shape is pretty close. i can check tomorrow when i go up to my car though.
if not, you may just need to move the led, wouldnt take to long.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1sik you would probably know the answer to this,

I've posted a thread with a poll about which fog lights to get at http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=201160

will the OEM fog light button fit into the middle console that has the plastic plugs in it? I really have nowhere else to put it as my alarm light is taking up the one on the left side of the dash
i believe it will actually. I know the shape is pretty close. i can check tomorrow when i go up to my car though.
if not, you may just need to move the led, wouldnt take to long.
I just checked & no they are not the same, the one that goes in the dash is a little bigger, the console could be shaved a bit to make it fit unless you move the LED thats the only way I see it happening.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I just checked & no they are not the same, the one that goes in the dash is a little bigger, the console could be shaved a bit to make it fit unless you move the LED thats the only way I see it happening.
lame bawlz. guess I will use a different type of switch. the LED is tucked in and then wires soldered in a funky way that its not even worth messing with. I have a few blue led switches laying around so its all good

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would personally move the led to the radio bezel plastic. bottom left corner piece. thats where ill end up putting mine atleast

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
i would personally move the led to the radio bezel plastic. bottom left corner piece. thats where ill end up putting mine atleast
I still don't know how the heck to get that stupid bezel off! theres alot I would do if I could figure it out. I've yet to find a complete DIY that explains

one says pop the hazard button and other button off and there will be a screw, other says pop the plastic the button is on off and there will be a screw. I was too afraid to scratch the crap/break it if it was the wrong one, and none were too clear on what you do after that part

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive done it. you do have to pop them out and get the screws behind them. it sucks

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
^ the pieces is house mine had to be done its a pain in the ass man.
sounds like a lot of work lol had some plans to work on the car today but still not feeling 100% so I'm not going to push it.

I need to find some good floor mats that are not carpet but also don't look like they belong in a truck. I'm going to attempt to leave the house this evening and see what I can come up with

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK, there are 2 screws underneath the climate control, 1 screw behind each of the buttons ie hazard & rear defrost, then it comes out, you will have to disconnect the radio, climate control wires a climate control cable that runs down beside the passenger side, it has a loop on it that connects to a valve switch the controls heat & cold, pull the loop off of the pin & the whole dash piece should pull right out, make sure your careful with that cable, I wrecked mine the first time, got a replacement from the junkyard.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
OK, there are 2 screws underneath the climate control, 1 screw behind each of the buttons ie hazard & rear defrost, then it comes out, you will have to disconnect the radio, climate control wires a climate control cable that runs down beside the passenger side, it has a loop on it that connects to a valve switch the controls heat & cold, pull the loop off of the pin & the whole dash piece should pull right out, make sure your careful with that cable, I wrecked mine the first time, got a replacement from the junkyard.
thanks man, I appreciate it

go buy yourself some diamond plating lol
and camo seat covers...boy howdee.

diamondplate would really suck here in florida lol whenever I'm driving with flip flops on I kick them off and drive barefooted... I can only imagine how hot those would be.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man, I appreciate it

and camo seat covers...boy howdee.

diamondplate would really suck here in florida lol whenever I'm driving with flip flops on I kick them off and drive barefooted... I can only imagine how hot those would be.
No problem man, I think he mean't the diamond plate looking floormats, I have seen them at Autozone before but still look like they belong in a truck.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I bought some regular rubber ones for $20, I stood in walmart for like 20 minutes deciding between the ones I bought and a $25 set that had rubber and carpet... until my friend said " they will be harder to clean and when you take it to the car wash an rinse it off..the carpet will take longer to dry and you'll have wet mats in your car" so I listened to her and got the all rubber ones. They were on sale use to be 30 bucks so I guess they're aight. They're the cut to fit kind so I'll fab with them tomorrow or something all the other sets they had were like michelin and what not and not cut to fit and def looked like some beefy truck mats.

I wish I could get away with carpet mats, they look so much cleaner. but I would have them ruined in no time

my friend is on the prowl for a 4 door car now that she has her tax returns, I think I have her talked into buying a civic by emphasizing on the gas mileage. She has about $3000 cash to work with so I'm going to try to find her something if I can get her attention off all these "cute coupes" she keeps finding. she seems convinced it wont be that much of a hassle to have a 2 door even though she has 2 toddlers HA. They're my God kids and even I got a sedan so I could tote them around easier! (no joke.. thats seriously why I passed up the coupes and got the 4 door lol)

main thing is finding her an automatic, that is reliable

Hoping that I feel good enough tomorrow to piddle on the car

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought some regular rubber ones for $20, I stood in walmart for like 20 minutes deciding between the ones I bought and a $25 set that had rubber and carpet... until my friend said " they will be harder to clean and when you take it to the car wash an rinse it off..the carpet will take longer to dry and you'll have wet mats in your car" so I listened to her and got the all rubber ones. They were on sale use to be 30 bucks so I guess they're aight. They're the cut to fit kind so I'll fab with them tomorrow or something all the other sets they had were like michelin and what not and not cut to fit and def looked like some beefy truck mats.

I wish I could get away with carpet mats, they look so much cleaner. but I would have them ruined in no time

my friend is on the prowl for a 4 door car now that she has her tax returns, I think I have her talked into buying a civic by emphasizing on the gas mileage. She has about $3000 cash to work with so I'm going to try to find her something if I can get her attention off all these "cute coupes" she keeps finding. she seems convinced it wont be that much of a hassle to have a 2 door even though she has 2 toddlers HA. They're my God kids and even I got a sedan so I could tote them around easier! (no joke.. thats seriously why I passed up the coupes and got the 4 door lol)

main thing is finding her an automatic, that is reliable

Hoping that I feel good enough tomorrow to piddle on the car
Just don't buy it from a shady jamaican in a parking lot, you might have troubles like I did, LOL!