Grinding/rubbing when turning

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I here a grinding ( 2 metal objects rubbing ) when making a right turn.
The sound is coming from the drivers side wheel well. The sound does change with speed. The harder the right the louder the sound.

I've removed the wheel n bent back the brake shield to no luck. With the car on the ground n the wheel turned all the way to right I visually can't see anything.

Anyone got any ideas of what can be rubbing?

My rims are 15x5.5" wrapped with 195/50r15 tires. I don't remember the sound being there on my stock rims that are 13x5" wrapped in 175/70r13 tires. No suspension upgrades.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Raise the front end on stands and feel for any free play in the wheel. Also spin the wheel and listen for any grinding. Compare with the good passenger side front wheel.
I already done this when I bent the brake shield back n nothing out of the ordinary

RonJ

Banned
The obvious things to recheck:
Splash shield, bearing, axle, wheels

Or is the noise possibly coming from the steering rack or steering pump?

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Idk why I keep quoting you its u n me lol.

I'll re-check the heat shield but I tend to doubt it cause looking threw the spokes of the rim it looks like it hasn't moved from where I bent it and it's completely away from the wheel n rotor.

I'll have to check the Axel.

The noise is coming from the wheel well so I doubt the rack n pump r to blame.

One thing I haven't done that I should do is take the rim off n turn the wheel n visually inspect it that way. I always keep the wheel straight when lifting a car as I don't have Jack stands. I'll have to ask my buddy if I can borrow his.