My 00 Civic hatchback

bkmc24

H2B
Thanks man, I didnt replace anything on this engine.
Do the EK's not have any balance shaft clearance issues? Any intentions to do the BS removal? It's pretty easy.

Sweet build though. Looks like it will be a fun hatch. How far out do you think until it goes in?

doosua

5+ Year Member
Do the EK's not have any balance shaft clearance issues? Any intentions to do the BS removal? It's pretty easy.

Sweet build though. Looks like it will be a fun hatch. How far out do you think until it goes in?
Thanks man, I'm thinking the swap will be in and running before winter comes. I feel as if I'm very close but there's still little bits and pieces to the car and engine before I drop it in. The Ek's should have BS clearance but I don't really plan on removing the shafts unless I'm going to rebuild the engine.

This month I wasn't able to purchase anything for my car due to bills so now the plan is to clean the bay and get the swap ready to drop in.

I never posted a picture of my bay with the sohc.

Here's a photo with the engine out and the bay definitely needs some cleaning lol.

I took the time to polish qsd mount and alt. bracket.

and threw them onto the engine and test fitted the alt. and bracket. I thought I woulda had to buy a spacer for the crank pulley so both crank and alt. pulleys line up but I guess not. =) (excuse the rust)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My kind of update. Looks good. I like the polished work you did. :thumbs up

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That set up looks great man! Aside from the rust, but I know that will be taken care of in time.

doosua

5+ Year Member
So busy lately but i had the chance yesterday to finally putting the trans and engine together.

Threw the trans on and forgot to shave the dowel for the starter bolt :palm: so i had to go back and do it lol.

New throwout bearing installed.

and finally together. =)

Have a good day everyone!

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
great work makes me miss my h22 hatch i just sold last week.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool. so without that adapter you can not bolt on the Clutch slave cylinder?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could obviously bolt it on but it wouldn't be in the right spot. It doesn't even sit perfectly straight when using the bracket.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so that's not a b-series slave. ? if its a b-series trans and slave, that thing should align best.

I wonder also, why is the bracket designed like that (channel "u-shape") They're website calls that thing a Spacer. If the intention there was just to move the location of the slave, a rectangular flat piece of steel with a specific thickness and two bolt holes would of also worked.

im sorry, i should of just asked what is that thing and why is it needed.

:edit:

i see what whats happening, didn't realize that plate between the trans and engine, seem like that plate has geometry on it that might interfere with the slave if slave was to be bolted without spacer.

doosua

5+ Year Member
Super clean! :thumbs up
SI ap looks good, can't wait to see it in!

Tapatalk'n from my Desire HD
Thanks guys!
Like what Child said. But without the spaceryou would have to grind both engine and plate to make the slave fit on.

What do you guys think about 16" kosei k1 on my ek? i found some for a great price but ithink the k1 16" looks a bit big on the ek. Shed some light on me guys lol. 15" or 16"?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've always been a fan of the K-1s, and if you got a choice I'd say go 15 vs the 16. get a little better ride quality, and unless you've got bigger brakes/rotors, 16s just look a little too large, IMO