Opinons on this color. Crystal Red Tintcoat

Honda904

I've been planning on repainting my car soon. Working on the extra cash. I really want to paint it a glossy red, Candy Apple Red, but the estimates I was getting are over 2000$ lol. So the other day I was driving and passed a few chevys and the color caught my eye. The color is called Crystal Red Tintcoat. My question is would it look good on a civic coupe. What's your guys opinions. OR ANY OTHER RED COLOR SUGGESTIONS. I dont want a dull red color but something that catches the eye. So for the moment Candy Red is off the list lol.

Caleb.N

I like it, isnt that colour is also called candy apple red?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not a bad color but honestly $2000 for a paint job is about what I would expect to pay. It can vary depending on where you live but I would be pretty skeptical about a complete paint job that cost less than that around here. I don't know what your car looks like now but the last thing you want to do is go over a factory paint job in good condition with a low-quality respray.

Honda904

It's not a bad color but honestly $2000 for a paint job is about what I would expect to pay. It can vary depending on where you live but I would be pretty skeptical about a complete paint job that cost less than that around here. I don't know what your car looks like now but the last thing you want to do is go over a factory paint job in good condition with a low-quality respray.
There's small auto shops around here that do a pretty good job for 600-700

CO671

Registered VIP
He told me it was burgundy red and didn't know the color code since he did not paint it
Oh s**t i forgot, I just had that in my phone lol.. All i remember is the dude saying it's his first DIY paintjob

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There's small auto shops around here that do a pretty good job for 600-700
Macco? Anything worth a damn will be $2k and up. When I was looking to get mine painted I had quotes for over $5k