A/t ecu problem

Aaronslawinsky

Well need some help getting a/t ecu for a 00's honda civic lx d16y7 i put a turbo in it have the obd2 to obd1 jumper harness just haven't found any

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What are you wanting to tune with? What is your budget?

There are still plenty of ECU's available on the market. Finding a stock one might be a little more difficult but Hondata ready ECU's exist in plenty.

Aaronslawinsky

Ya but all I'm finding r m/t but I need a/t ecu trying to figure out what ecu is compatible with the d16y7 motor I got new injectors and high performance fuel pump and all the other good stuff for having a turbo in it it run.but it's still not getting the right feul and air mixture

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ya but all I'm finding r m/t but I need a/t ecu trying to figure out what ecu is compatible with the d16y7 motor I got new injectors and high performance fuel pump and all the other good stuff for having a turbo in it it run.but it's still not getting the right feul and air mixture
What are you using to tune the setup? If you are on a stock ECU that is the problem. Especially when you upgraded injectors to a different size. The ecu does not know you put in larger injectors.

Aaronslawinsky

What are you using to tune the setup? If you are on a stock ECU that is the problem. Especially when you upgraded injectors to a different size. The ecu does not know you put in larger injectors.
i am only finding tune able ecu only with with Manuel Trans trying to find something that works with automatic transmission the ecu I have is a p2e or the p2p

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You wont find a manual ECU that works inherently with an automatic transmission. The ECU is missing components needed for auto-trans control. You can add the transistors and resistors where required.

I actually have a few spare ECU's. If you would like me to build one for you I can do it. My prices are around market. Let me know what you are tuning with or want to turn with.

If you want to use Hondata I can set you up with a Hondata ready ECU in about a week.

Making me want to make a new video on how to add automatic transmission functions. These ECU;s are not hard to find though. a P28-A51 or 52 and P75-A51 or A52 will work.

Heres how to make an auto ecu into manual ecu.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i am only finding tune able ecu only with with Manuel Trans trying to find something that works with automatic transmission the ecu I have is a p2e or the p2p
P2e and P2P are OBD2, you can not modify these ecu's cheaply or easily and generally are not ever modified. You will need to convert to OBD1 for which you already have the conversion harness from your first post.

Aaronslawinsky

P2e and P2P are OBD2, you can not modify these ecu's cheaply or easily and generally are not ever modified. You will need to convert to OBD1 for which you already have the conversion harness from your first post.
So any of these ecu will work just with some modification P28-A51 or 52 and P75-A51 or A52

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
As long as you have the OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness, its plug and play.