Canadian 96 Civic LX Sedan

jcamb

5+ Year Member
nice! i've got that same sway bar

KielJG

5+ Year Member
UPDATE

Finally received all my bushings for my rear disc swap, so I switched it all out. I installed the rear lower control arm bushing kit from Prothane, which was very nice with new sleeves and everything, as my bushings were seized to the bolts. I also installed a pair of Wicked Tuning rear toe arms as those bushings were also locked up. I used everything from a 96 Integra GS (complete trailing arms, caliper, rotors, pads and e-brake cables) and got new braided flex lines and Energy Suspension trailing arm bushings. I lucked out and got the entire disc swap with brand new never driven on pads and rotors for $100 locally and painted the calipers up (I know theres gonna be a ton of people that hate this, but I like it). I did a 4 wheel alignment and threw on my summer wheels and both lips and here's what I got :

Still need to get the windows tinted and the body straightened up a bit and then swap in the Y8 (I got a little anxious with my SOHC VTEC decals though lol). Critism is always welcome, positive or negative!

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not a fan of the headlights or the wheels, but I can't say much. I thank you do work, son.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The rear disc brakes came out al right. Did you paint the arms yourself?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your project is coming along nice man... Keep it up...:thumbup:

KielJG

5+ Year Member
Yeah I sanded and painted everything, I'm a licensed tech at a shop here and it's been slow lately so I've been finding things to keep me busy lol.

KielJG

5+ Year Member
So another update. I got some new tires for my wheels and went 1 size up to a 195/55R15 instead of the 195/50R15s that came on them, and now they rub in the rear. So now I am waiting for my fender roller to come in, so I threw on the wheels that I painted up for my black hatchback just until my fenders are rolled. Oh and they are 14" Integra GS wheels that I got from a friend and sprayed bronze. I also got a suction mount for my camera and started experimenting with rolling shots. Opinions always welcome, and keep in mind these wheels aren't staying, i'll go back to the other ones soon.

Hombre

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nicely done man... i wish i can do everything to my car myself..

paint the front/rear lip and skirt.. not feeling the taillights though.. but overall good build..

d16y7 98 dx

d16y7 98 dx
430,000 kms when you bought it? crazy. thats why i love these cars, they just keep going and going. mine only has 105,000miles. not sure how many kms that is, but i know its low for a 98

KielJG

5+ Year Member
Yeah it just hit 455,000 kms yesterday still on the original engine. I'll be swapping a Y8 in soon.