Chris's EJ6 build-up thread!

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so they're shipping out the rz? or rs?, im confused
sorry i bought bbs RS from memoryfab. im trading locally the wheels on my car now for bbs rz

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ugh so i got in touch with memoryfab yesterday...they said they didnt ship them out cause they wanted to confirm the offset. so they are shipping them out today. but what pisses me off is that originally i wanted 15 x 7 +35 which they had on their website, then they called me and told me those were sold, so i settled for 15 x 6.5 +36, then yesterday they told me the only 15 x 6.5 +36 they have is 5 x 100. WTF. so i had to settle for 15 x 6.5 +45. im kinda disspointed because i wanted something with a lower offset...i guess ill just have to run some spacers..

OH, AND i found some 97-98 ctr taillights but the seller got in touch with me yesterday and told me the set he had was cracked so he has to locate another set...WTF man cant anything go right? im getting tired of the honda scene...

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Builds take time and a lot of patience...not everything goes right. I would of waited on the wheels until they got the size you wanted, but I guess spacers will do.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i know man...i just havent felt the way i used to about my car for the last few weeks...

the new bbs's will be here tuesday.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
Yeah I hear ya. I'm already loosing interest in my hatch lol.
But I say keep at it, your car looks great. Get it in a mag then go for something different ;)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well here are some lousy updates:

-wheels will be here tuesday. will take the lips off and caps apart immediately to polish them up. then getting them mounted with the falken ziex hopefully wednesday or thursday next week.

-ordered some OEM CTR 97-98 taillights, should be here in a few days. someone already bought my 99-00 ctr taillights.

-ordered some short gorilla lugs for the bbs's, should be here in a few days..

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got the carpet off someone in NY. and its an oem rear fog light...you can buy the fog light if you want it

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
still waiting..
im gone for a week and still nothing?
jesus..

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sorry man...memoryfab likes to take their frickin sweet time.

where have you beem?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i sold my old humongous computer desk to get a smaller one since the computer is in the baby's room.
just got the new desk put up, so i fired the computer back up (it was just sitting on the ground, so i cleaned er up and here we are).
whats next after the wheels?
sourcing uber rare ukdm parts?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
after the wheels...i will be look for some oem fogs.

then after that im gonna start making the hatch faster

EDIT: on second thought...idk if im even going to get fogs...well at least anytime soon.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol well even if i ever thought about boosting...there are other things that would have to be taken care of first.

lightweight flywheel
getting rid of my gsr trans for a b16
skunk 2 intake mani and TB

i probably will be ordering the lightweight flywheel in a few days...

and im talking to someone now, he has a b16 and is interested in trading..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sticking with my gsr gearbox when i boost, but i also plan on having a .63a/r so i can make use of the longer gears

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice, yeah idk if boost is really an option for me right now...id rather go n/a with a b18c...drop some cams and do some headwork and call it a day...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u have the slightest inkling to boost, then do it, cuz i know how u are..
u will build ur motor then tear t all apart cuz u finally completely decided on boost after a couple months, so just do it first thing and stop keeping us guessing =)