Front end conversion EG on EF???

91sib16

5+ Year Member
Hey will a 1993 civic hatch front end fit on my 1991 civic si? want to do something diffrent to my hatch i don't like the box looking front ends on EF's my friends got a whole front end for me so wondering if any on has done it before??? Is the JDM EF front end diffrent from the USDM EF front end??? Need ideas!!!!

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will look very very out of place. Half boxy have curved edges.....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
it will look very very out of place. Half boxy have curved edges.....
:word:

search google, yes the JDM front ends are differnt then US.
JDM front end swap= over done

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont mean to be an idiot or anything but anyone that reads this, could you tell me what is so great about having jdm? why not just go with the usdm if it is exactly like the jdm part? i understand most of it but everyone wants JDM. imo i think jdm is over done but then again thats my opinion. im not saying jdm parts are garbage. they are actually really nice. its just that everyone wants jdm. but as for the conversion, ive seen it done and it looks really strange. i wish i wouldve taken a picture of the car. it didnt look bad but not nice either lol. if you know what i mean. i say go for it and be different

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sure i have a pic somehwer on my copmputer, give me a min to find it

EF Honda EF

the boxy ness is what makes a EF a EF. Most people dont like the shape of them and say they look ugly but then you rape them in a race and they are amazed.

GoDave!

The only thing JDM would do is a DC2 front end on a USDM Integra. Other than that anything else I would just RHD convert the entire car. Or just get one that has been imported from Japan. But I'm not that big into the JDM.

91sib16

5+ Year Member
will just the EG hood and headlights looks better than the whole front end on the EF??? like to do something diffrent but clean at the same time.

plazmascivic

rockin those D's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok why the hell would u want to do that? that is like putting a curvy bodykit on a 4th gen it just doesnt flow with the car at all, keep it simple. also the teggy front end doesnt look too bad it looks a lot better than the 5th or 6th gen FE

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no the teg front end, looks to big.
any rounded front end looks bad.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe one from an old Golf wouldnt look bad? :what: :rolf:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i like the DC front end best out of everything I've seen.

i would never do it on an EF. But I would do it on a EG....if i was really bored.

91sib16

5+ Year Member
So there's really no option on doing a front end conversion on an EF??? Is the JDM EF front end diffrent from the USDM EF front end??? Wanna do something diffrent from every one else,

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, the JDM SIR frotn end is differnt.

the DOHC ZC front end is something you dont see that much.

ive never seen a USDM EF either.