I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
what? no armoral?
I actually don't like the look of Armor All. I don't want a shiny dash at least. Also, Armor All leaves a residue that you have to clean off of the dash. Some dashes fade and the reason is said to be the Armor All. I would urge people not to dress their dash. Using a cleaner and/or conditioner is fine, but not dressing. I basically treat my interior plastics like if they were leather seats.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow, funny how a set of wheels changed the look of the car drastically. Looks awesome. Reminds me of Samm's coupe.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lookin nice, I'm lovin' that shine!!!

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I actually don't like the look of Armor All. I don't want a shiny dash at least. Also, Armor All leaves a residue that you have to clean off of the dash. Some dashes fade and the reason is said to be the Armor All. I would urge people not to dress their dash. Using a cleaner and/or conditioner is fine, but not dressing. I basically treat my interior plastics like if they were leather seats.
i donrt use it on my intereor either im talking bout tires.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u missed a spot.,. right nex to the "DAMN IT LOOKS GOOD" spot.

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks real clean. them rims look 100 x better.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cgpEJ6 said:
looks good but i don't know what took you so long
How about cleaning every little crack and crevice .... and claybarring, polishing, glazing, waxing, dressing the trim, cleaning exhaust and wheels, scrubbing the entire interior, dressing the interior, cleaning the carpets ...... yeah, that sounds about right.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn. I gotta detail my car, I'm not spending 7 hours though.

Looks good.

rogers259

5+ Year Member
Actually 7 hours isnt all that bad for a total detail. Depending on what products you use, if your applying everything by hand or machince, and the last time the car was detailed(if ever), how much time your willing to invest. When I did my wifes SUV this last time it took me around 12-14 hrs. But I hadnt done it in 3-4 months and she likes to spill coffee and not tell me about it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Eran said:
How about cleaning every little crack and crevice .... and claybarring, polishing, glazing, waxing, dressing the trim, cleaning exhaust and wheels, scrubbing the entire interior, dressing the interior, cleaning the carpets ...... yeah, that sounds about right.
:werd:
When you clean a car that's never been fully detailed before and you go over all or even most of the little cracks and such then it starts taking up some time.

Seriously nearly every car I get into or see is dirty by my standards. I think my car and Jason's are the only Civics I know that even have clean seatbelt buttons

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a f**king funny plate, looks clean musta been dirty if it took 7 hrs :shock:

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
:werd: I think my car and Jason's are the only Civics I know that even have clean seatbelt buttons
I'm meticulous about my interior lol, i wipe mine down too.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Heat causes cracks (outgassing and drying) UV light causes fading. Protectects restore flex agents to the vinyl and provide a suncreen....when properly used. I think most people overapply protectants for a big greasy, dust magnet, sunscreen defeating finish. I mean, you've seen the cars that look like the dash is covered in curl activator. Drip drip drip :lol:

I think that is an urban myth about the Armor All causing the cracks. To date, zero credible evidence to support that has been published.
This came off the archives, from a LA Times article:

"Headline: 'Luster Is Off of Armor All Protectant Ad'

"Content (summarized):

"1. Armor All's ad campaign comparing AA to the 'other product' (Son of a Gun, but not identified by name) was deemed to be misleading by the Nat'l Advertisi Dvsn of the Better Biz Bureau.

"2. AA has about 65% of the market for rubber/vinyl protectants.

"3. AA has been criticized by 'some' independent car cleaning & polishing businesses, according to whom AA can harm vinyl dashboards and car tops exposed to heavy sun. However, these reports have never been validated.
You are correct about the residue. It's right there on the instructions on the Armor All label. Step 3:wipe away any excess. And to lessen the shine (and glare :roll: )you can wipe it down with a damp lint free cloth.

I don't use Armor All because it has a sour smell after awhile. Formula 2001 smells better....but it's too shiny. So I use Lexol Vinylex

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh yeah, I agree. Thing is... on most cars the previous application is never removed! I just spent several hours yesterday removing the grime left over from constant application of tire shine on tires. Really gross... I had to use Simple green and lots and lots of scrubbing to remove it all.

I rarely use anything on my dash and interior pieces, but when I do it's Meguiar's Cleaner and Conditioner.