"The Mothership" - 1998 Civic - Maintenance Log

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK, creative writing exercises aside, the Civic's been doing OK.

Once the weather warmed up a bit, the TPS issues went away again. So I'm back to procrastinating there :lol:

The windshield wipers have been acting up again. They'll just stall out in the middle of a swipe instead of going back to the stowed position. I fixed this last time by repairing the little switches in the motor. Opened it back up again this week to check on things, and the repair is holding. Looks like one of the contacts just needed to be cleaned.

I decided to give this plumbing grease a try on the worm gear...

Tested it out by putting paper towels under the wipers. They halted again on the first pass, but after that seemed to work properly... We'll see!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Really enjoy these updates because as I read Im like, "ya ok do this..." scroll down and BOOM there you are doing it LOL

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
Why not just replace the motor assembly? aftermarket/rebuilt units are less than $100 on rock auto.
worth the cost in time alone.

I need to do this myself. I'm stuck with only one speed, and they don't auto return, so you have to time the shut off perfectly.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why not just replace the motor assembly? aftermarket/rebuilt units are less than $100 on rock auto.
worth the cost in time alone.

I need to do this myself. I'm stuck with only one speed, and they don't auto return, so you have to time the shut off perfectly.
Mine have a mind of their own. Sometimes they work normal, sometimes they smack the A pillar, sometimes the windshield cowl, and sometimes both.