Wire Tuck.

99_EM1

5+ Year Member
well...i took my B16A2 out and upgraded to a b20/v and would want to do a wire tuck. anyone in here knows how to do a wire tuck for a sixth gen....if so let me know or if there's a DIY forum..let me know. thanks.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive always wanted to do a wire tuck......nothing looks sexier than a floating DOHC motor......but i dont have that dohc part yet haha.....you can just google it and there are tons of DIY's

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is no How-To really. Unless you take out your entire wire harness and make your own, just move wires around and re-route them under / around things. A lot of people route their wires through the fenders / in the wheel wells. You can also fill in / shave the empty spaces to make it look cleaner.

I've spent probably around 10 hours in the engine bay re-routing wires and "tucking" as much as I can.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pull the factory loom and tape of. Find a hole in the firewall you want to pass the harness through. Usually down at the bottom of the firewall behind the intake manifold is where a lot of people hide theirs.

You will extend all wires to reach from the new location to the ecu.

When you cut the wires I would def. mark them of what they are. To do a real nice job have heat shrink, loom, tape.

I would move the fuse box in the bay somewhere else also.

Remove all ac lines. You can take all the vac stuff out and emissions crap not needed also, like the charcoal canister.

You can move the master cylinder to underneath the cover for the wiper arms. Run new line to the slave cylinder.

All types of ways to clean the bay up, if you have time, patience and the material to do it.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
battery relocation kit......move the fusebox to underneath the dash.....take out cruise control, powersteering, and ac....run headlight wiring through the fenders....just google it bro

99_EM1

5+ Year Member
do you really need the charcoal canister...and what would you do with the extra vaccums and hoses...bc i was looking at that and most people where telling me i don't need it..if so how would i remove it...thanks cc members.

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only wire you should be worried about tucking is the HOOD RELEASE ,,, ill post pics later to show u why

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is how my engine bay looks after 10+ hours:

Off the top of my head:
- Re-routed washer fluid line through fender with new tubing from Home Depot
- Removed CC
- Re-routed brake booster line, tucked throttle body cable, and removed the bracket they were on
- Flipped injectors upside down and ran the wires under the fuel rail
- Re-routed harness to headlight from battery down under and along the side / bottom of the engine bay
- Removed a TON of clips from the wire harness and zip-tied / electrical taped it all down into the engine bay

That's all I can think of. I'm sure I'm missing random things.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is how my engine bay looks after 10+ hours:

Off the top of my head:
- Re-routed washer fluid line through fender with new tubing from Home Depot
- Removed CC
- Re-routed brake booster line, tucked throttle body cable, and removed the bracket they were on
- Flipped injectors upside down and ran the wires under the fuel rail
- Re-routed harness to headlight from battery down under and along the side / bottom of the engine bay
- Removed a TON of clips from the wire harness and zip-tied / electrical taped it all down into the engine bay

That's all I can think of. I'm sure I'm missing random things.
Not trying to bash, but if that took 10hrs you are doing it wrong.

Bay still looks cluster and more wires and hoses can be tucked away.

Here is mine when I considered it "semi-tucked"

I still could have removed the power steering and relocated the battery. Along with a few other things I could have done. This only took about an hour for me.

Black99CivicSi

Honda GSR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not trying to bash, but if that took 10hrs you are doing it wrong.

Bay still looks cluster and more wires and hoses can be tucked away.

Here is mine when I considered it "semi-tucked"

I still could have removed the power steering and relocated the battery. Along with a few other things I could have done. This only took about an hour for me.

Hey can you help me out on the charcoal cansister, still confused as to where to run the lines coming from the canisister

cincy_ civic

BLOW EM UP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
unless you REALLY know what you're doing you can f**k you cars wiring up big time if you get into it too much and not know what you're doing

we never really jumped into doing my main harness....fuse box is under dash and battery is in trunk yada yada yada