i just put an integra subframe in my EJ6 hatch

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
spent the last two days under the car. it would've only taken me a day if i had a #$%&%^ lift. either way the damned thing is in there. here's some notes:

1 - the EG/DC subframe is actually thinner, so when you go to pull it, be sure to take the hardware with you, otherwise you're going to be looking for bolts

2 - the PS lines on the EG/DC come off the front, the EK come off the back. The low pressure line can be fitted with ease, but you're either going to have to do some bending, cutting, and flaring of the high pressure EK line, or go grab a EG/DC one. I just bent the hell out of my EK one, as my PS is currently looped ANYWAY (fitting PS is next on the list)

3 - the rear engine mount does NOT fit. it is about 4cm too far to the rear. i've got both sides of the mount out of the car (a @#$& with the engine and subframe still in the car) and i'm going to be looking into alternatives tomorrow. i'll call hasport. when i talked to innovative they just asked "why would you do that?" hehe.

everything else on the subframe is a bolt in affair. i like the way the EG/DC subframe packages much better than the EK. once i get it all together i'm sure i'll like it even more!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good stuff to know.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is the purpose of doing this?

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hehe, alright. my old control arms were bent to hell and the integra has much tighter steering than the EK. i'm used to cars i can properly shuffle-steer. can't really do that very well in a civic, but an integra...=)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
crack car?

*re-edited - i meant, track car?

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hehe, alright. my old control arms were bent to hell and the integra has much tighter steering than the EK. i'm used to cars i can properly shuffle-steer. can't really do that very well in a civic, but an integra...=)
there are companies that make a quick ratio steering kit that would of been a hell of alot easier to install id imagine.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no one specifies the EK in their QSR application list. over on ht there's a guy who's claimed that he's put integra guts into his ek PS rack, but no one else has verified. either way to get the rack out is a pain in the ass, and then you have to rebuild it, which is, in fact, MORE of a pain in the ass. i guess if you are trying to avoid fabricating, then sure. i can understand that perspective entirely, as i would have LIKED to avoid making a mount, but it doesn't bother me, it's really easy.

my track car is a toyota MR2, this is my daily. i just like my cars to NOT have minivan steering.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm, i woulda thought you were trying to build a autox/cr car ;)

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
right now it feels like it's sitting on jackstands. i'm heading over to the shop to fab up that rear mount as soon as i'm done posting this. after that it's going to feel like a b***h because it doesn't have power steering. then i'm getting the powersteering put on it, and THEN it will feel good. at least that's my hope, otherwise it's been three days of BS.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hasport said a DC rear mount would suffice, but i had some 100/1000" plate around, so i just fabbed the mount. as such i cannot yet confirm that the DC mount would work.

i just got it back from the alignment shop. i'm probably not going to be installing PS. it's really easy to drive w/o it. i've got to do a proper drain of fluid yet. either way the alignment was surprisingly close. the toe was way off, but otherwise it was rather solid. i've got to install some adjustable upper control arms, though, as it's not perfect, and i settle for no less than.

that combined with some fresh tires, a TypeR knob and genuine TypeR shift lever made it drive like a completely different car. i'm very satisfied, and for $150, i'd say the sub-frame was a worthy investment.