Soon2bsick Vtec

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha you guys are funny.

unfortunately no updates on the car, I am as of today at a full week of being sick and it's getting very very old.

on the bright side, I ordered my headlights and my tail lights should be here tomorrow according to UPS.

have a little question maybe someone an answer

whats the hole for on top of the filter?

I dunno, looks out of place like my extra port on my intake.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
AEM makes their filters with or without the hole, contacted the dealer to ask what purpose the hole served and I'm still waiting for a response

emerican

Registered VIP
Not sure the point of it mine has it works fine tohugh.
Dj i commented in your thread aout the extra port and thats so damn funny im glad im in someones sig even though only we will get it lol.
Soon2bsick Im sorry your still sick man that sucks i feel the same way right now but its just cause of the bar for st pattys day and 2 hrs sleep wpke up still a little drunk lol.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
haha I like waking up drunk, sets the mood for the day.

Finally got some antibiotics today so hopefully they kick in over the next couple days

tail lights came in

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, thats exciting. im glad the non si tails look good on my car. they match the sidemarkers and front turn signals lol

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad to hear your gonna be feeling better soon so those new taillights can go on the car and get us some pics up lol.

emerican

Registered VIP
I agree on the waking up drunk usally except i had to take a final exam for college then go work 8 hours in a hot ass kitchen cooking lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i normally wake up drunk, it means im on break, which means im drinking when i wake up lol

emerican

Registered VIP
^ lol hell yes thats what i wish i could have done so bad. I would have just drank a few beers to take the edge off everything way before work and i took the exam online so no driving, but i was out.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Back in the day I could drink like a fish, now it seems I sink instead of swim, LOL!

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
wellll.... feeling better and better each day. only thing I got goin on right now is a runny nose and cough, the reason why I haven't been working on the car is for the past couple of days if I stand too long I get extremely light headed. Have a doctors appointment on Wednesday so maybe he can give me some insight

but I did get something done this weekend, The front lip.

It was quite an interesting experience, ABS really does suck but for what I paid for it I am not going to complain. The problems I encountered included the fact that I had to drill my own holes and use my own bolts and that it was not a long enough piece. Had to do some cutting and fitting but I got it done and I will fix the cut part tomorrow even though its barely noticeable unless you look directly in the wheel well of the passenger side.

I'm in love with how the bumper looks now, so much more aggressive and none-grandma car looking anymore. Once everything is painted the same color and I have my new headlights and grill in I think this is going to look clean.

Tomorrow if I feel up to finishing the sanding on the back bumper I will install the rear lip as well, I'm thinking it will be much easier considering the lip already has holes in it, came with bolts and it is NOT abs so it is more pliable/easier to work with

I was looking at the bottom grill (big one above the lip) and I was trying to think of what I could do differently to it so it doesn't look like every other one. I'm afraid if I cut the inserts out that it will lose its support system, and even if I did I still don't know what I would do... I don't like the idea of filling that WHOLE opening with metal mesh but I do want to change it under there

any ideas?

let me know what you guys think of the new lip

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New lip looks great, don't cut the lower grill, maybe paint it a different color, yea don't do mesh, it might look like uncle ben's down there if you do.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
thanks dj,

once the new grill is on and lights it should all flow better, I think I will miss the halo's but they're just not clean

thinking about doing some of this wiring things/buttons while I still have the console out like this guy did

I'm guessing he just ran his cell phone cord to the back of the cig lighter power or something?? I dislike that this car has only one outlet, so lame

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks dj,

once the new grill is on and lights it should all flow better, I think I will miss the halo's but they're just not clean

thinking about doing some of this wiring things/buttons while I still have the console out like this guy did

I'm guessing he just ran his cell phone cord to the back of the cig lighter power or something?? I dislike that this car has only one outlet, so lame

There is a plate on the back of the center console you can cut a hole in & put an outlet there, I'm thinking of doing it to have an extra outlet to plug my inverter in to for my laptop, the outlet itself costs like $4-$5 & easy to wire up, even run it to the fuse box to a constant so it's on when the car isn't.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
why don't you just wire your inverter up to fit in your console? back when I was into the SUV scene everyone did that in their consoles. they would disassemble the inverter and take the outlet on it and run a longer wire from the inverter box to the outlet plug in so they could cut and place it anywhere in the console, pretty neat

emerican

Registered VIP
Front lip looks really good man glad to hear you got the doctors appoinment thing going on.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why don't you just wire your inverter up to fit in your console? back when I was into the SUV scene everyone did that in their consoles. they would disassemble the inverter and take the outlet on it and run a longer wire from the inverter box to the outlet plug in so they could cut and place it anywhere in the console, pretty neat
I would do that but my wife & I share the inverter between both cars, I might buy another & do that.

emerican

Registered VIP
Black housed all clear oem style lights look sick IMO and would look really clean on the car. Thats what i am eventually going to get for mine.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Black housed all clear oem style lights look sick IMO and would look really clean on the car. Thats what i am eventually going to get for mine.
I had already ordered a set of clear/chrome head lights. going to see if I like them, if not I'll black them out