what do you think?

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Sounds like the journey I'm on in getting another civic, can't get my dirt bike sold and cannot find anyone to trade, but hey good luck man

krooked32

i hear ya. frivolous damn adventure. so the guy with the red b20 hatch just keeps blowing me off, so i called and left a voice mail saying if you want to sell the damn thing then YOU can call ME and well talk on my terms...if not then good luck trying to sell even a million dollar home for .02 because youre terrible to get a hold of. SO! on to the next one...

ive started looking at EF hatches so well see where that takes me...

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn that's a clean EK, if you can get him down on price get it, gl!

krooked32

this guy actually responded....gave me the vin on the first time i asked...told me when and where i could meet him this weekend....im praying hell move on price. i saw this car posted about a month ago at $5500....now its for 5. im hoping that its just because no one has the money for it....not that there is something wrong. but well see i suppose. Id like a newer hatch like this one, but man last night at a meet i saw a 91 EF SOHC with a gsr on boost. Super clean, super inspiriational haha.

MrDaggs

Good to hear someone finally responded wanting to sell you that car.

Yeah, it's probably just been lowered $500 since no one could either afford or want it at that price. Bet you'll get a good deal with this one if the dealer wasn't even afraid to give you the exact VIN# on a first-call basis. That's a good sign =)

GL Bro!

krooked32

yup! the only other person to ever give me the vin within 5 minutes of me first asking for it was the guy that sold me my 99 ej8. So maybe this is the sign ive been looking for! well find out, and again optimism is key...even though its failed me so far

:domollama:

krooked32

well...this guy told me "oh yeah call me sat morning il be up around 10 then you can come up and check it out".....its 12:00 now...ive called him 3 times. text him 3 times. damn these people are irritating. oh, and title came back as rebuilt due to theft recovery. so idk if my insurance will even insure the vehicle for me. such a damn mission. if this guy answers, ill keep you guys posted on what happens.

krooked32

Rebuilt title hatch was a no go. guy wouldnt budge a penny off 5 grand even though he cant sell it for that in the past 4 months...i walked away. BUT! I did find a 1990 EF hatch with a b16 swap. 159k on the chassis and 62 on the swap. Went to see it and i fell in love instantly. the only thing wrong is there is a small spot of rust in one of the wheel wells where it meets the sideskirt...FIXABLE!... and there is a snapped VC stud :evil: and the VC is leaking due to that. Interior is MINT! With a super amazing bucket seat (cant remember what brand i was too occupied taking it for a 30 min test drive hehehehe) He is asking 3700 as is, but wants to take his F&F type 1 coils off( because he will be building a 1991 civic wagovan and wants the coils for it) and will be putting stock suspension / rims back on. but i have a nice set of wheels to slap back on it, just no solution for the coils yet. going back to meet up with him tomorrow afternoon and should be making a purchase at 3200. Pictures will be posted for your viewing pleasure!

krooked32

lol, my dad isnt very fond of the no airbags no abs and only having liability insurance on it since its a 1990. Oh well, i love it so hopefully i will be getting it. I meet back up with the guy around 4 and im bringing my friend to check out the rust and well go from there. heres the craigslist link for you guys, its only got one picture but its better than nothing!
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2651404955.html

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rebuilt title hatch was a no go. guy wouldnt budge a penny off 5 grand even though he cant sell it for that in the past 4 months...i walked away. BUT! I did find a 1990 EF hatch with a b16 swap. 159k on the chassis and 62 on the swap. Went to see it and i fell in love instantly. the only thing wrong is there is a small spot of rust in one of the wheel wells where it meets the sideskirt...FIXABLE!... and there is a snapped VC stud :evil: and the VC is leaking due to that. Interior is MINT! With a super amazing bucket seat (cant remember what brand i was too occupied taking it for a 30 min test drive hehehehe) He is asking 3700 as is, but wants to take his F&F type 1 coils off( because he will be building a 1991 civic wagovan and wants the coils for it) and will be putting stock suspension / rims back on. but i have a nice set of wheels to slap back on it, just no solution for the coils yet. going back to meet up with him tomorrow afternoon and should be making a purchase at 3200. Pictures will be posted for your viewing pleasure!
It happens..

It's just a bolt, super easy to replace and it's less than $10 from Honda.

krooked32

awesome! if i pick this thing up im going straight to honda on monday and making sure its all fine and dandy. need a new vc gasket too, seemed a bit leaky. Just have to wait until 4 when the kid gets off work to go finish everything up

MrDaggs

Oh! another question, whats a good 5 point harness to get for a reasonable price??
I'd look around first, but I know Sparco, Recaro, Motul, etc. are the best (but that doesn't necessarily make then cheap, sadly). Been looking at one on Craigslist for around $50-$60 for my EP3, was in perfect condition.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk

krooked32

oh yeah durrrr... totally forgot to check c-list lol. been trolling ebay and all that. well see whats up. NEEDS TO BE 4 ALREADY!!!

krooked32

I'm stupid. I forgot to get all my cash out but i thought i did and now i can't pull it out today......pushing off car buying until monday....... im so f**king dumb.....