Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I've always loved great bass in a vehicle, but I also love great bass in a small package. I see these guys that run around with 15 subwoofers and I think man... all that money to buy that many could of been put into buy 5 or 6 REALLY nice subs and conserved room.

I'm really glad I decided to sell the system that came with my civic when I did, now I will have a much better one taking up half the space which is great for me.

on the hunt for a compressor still, they're either too far away or too little.. but I know I can find one

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
remember thats in a suv though, huge difference

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
^^ Very true suv's make sub slam then in a car they are half the volume so just roll with the back seat down lol

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
^^ Very true suv's make sub slam then in a car they are half the volume so just roll with the back seat down lol
haha yeah thats what I planned, I have the smaller side of the seat down, thats where I'm gonna place the sub. I dislike subs stuffed behind seats that are never open, yeah when you have people ride with you thats cool but any other time I will have the seat down. I need to get some sound lining for the trunk lid while I'm at it,

leaving on Thursday for a few days, hopefully will sell my truck soon

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
get some dynomat or another off brand on ebay they all work the same. But if i was you i would do the whole rear deck behind the taillights and license plate and the housing for it. if you do it in the rest of the trunk it will reflect the sound better and it will be a cleaner bass.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get some dynomat or another off brand on ebay they all work the same. But if i was you i would do the whole rear deck behind the taillights and license plate and the housing for it. if you do it in the rest of the trunk it will reflect the sound better and it will be a cleaner bass.
They actually do differ. what they are made of and the thickness changes.

Removing that stuff is a huge pain in the d**k. was a long sticky day

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I mainly want to eliminate as much rattle as possible, even with the cheapo subs in there it had a bit of a rattle that was annoying to me (could only hear it from the outside though)

I've never actually used sound deadeners or anything because I've never owned a vehicle with a trunk, I guess I will have to shop around, I know dynomat dang sure isn't cheap

emerican

Registered VIP
it isnt cheap, but it makes a difference in the quality i hate hearing cars with systems and the rattle of the trunk and license plate and everything else drowns out the bass.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
it isnt cheap, but it makes a difference in the quality i hate hearing cars with systems and the rattle of the trunk and license plate and everything else drowns out the bass.
me too, it makes it sound so ghetto.

So I couldn't decide on a sub box because everyone was telling me to go semi - big ported (around 2.) so I decided to wait until today when the company who makes the sub would be open and gave them a call and they said to go small sealed. They said the sub was meant for small boxes so I'm going to go around 0.7 sealed which is what I wanted so that I don't have to get into having another giant box. :word:

Anyone know why the H tech teins are more expensive than the S tech when the S tech gives you more of a drop? Just was curious.. found it weird unless the H techs are made better or something.

I also need to shop around for the best price on an alignment for after the new springs go in, the rear right tire is going bald on the inside, thinking of swapping it to the other sides rim. I'm hoping that I can find it cheaper than what I had to pay for my AWD but I don't know.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would build the box to whatever the recommended specs are on the manufacturers site.

As for the alignment, it probably wont be any different. you either pay for the front(2 wheels) or front and rear so that its four. which would be awd

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
They actually do differ. what they are made of and the thickness changes.

Removing that stuff is a huge pain in the d**k. was a long sticky day
I no there are diff thickness and other differences but when i did my setup my local stereo shop told me they have used hushmat and fatmat alot and it has done the job just as good as the high dollar brands. I was just trying to give him some ideas so he does not spend $250 just to do the trunk. But one thing when buying off brands you just want to make sure what your buying is not as thin as paper.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No Dynamat for me yet, need to get some, I have 1 12" in a slot ported box with a 620W amp, it gets the job done, I also got a new radio, my Sony s**t the bed really bad so I picked one up at Bestbuy, I need to update my build thread but have not made any real changes.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A Kenwood HD radio with iPod usb

It's really nice, better than my old POS Sony Xplode.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you guys gotta step your game up, you need the fun features like mine. best headunit ever if you have an ipod

emerican

Registered VIP
i love my sony explode video display usb port a ton of setting and sub settings and all and i paid 20 bucks for it lol.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
the funny thing is my cd player I have is from like 7 years ago, Ive kept it all this time and putting it in different vehicles. I love it cause when its off it folds flat and looks like a black face plate not a stereo. I'm still debating on if I want to put it in the civic since it already has a cd player,

ordered my sub box, and all new amp wiring. gonna go get my new battery on Tuesday. I have my truck up for sale finally today so hopefully it sells in the next few weeks so I can order springs and stuff

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i used to do the same thing with a pionner radio i put it in every car untill it dies lol.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
sold m y truck! got exactly what I was asking for it! they didnt even try to talk me down

so let the ideas of what to buy for my car roll in

I know I am getting new springs, and an alignment for sure

any more ideas throw them at me