Soon2bsick Vtec

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
find another stock civic, park next to it. measure hub or ground to fender and compare.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
book says stock ground clearance is 5.9, so I guess I'll go off of that for now.

tdaddyross

yo if u want some decent not too expensive suspension i suggest function & form type 1 u can get them for about 5-600

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Today I pulled my car out and finally got to fix a rattle I've been dealing with since installing the shifter (heat shield came loose)

this isn't civic related but today I got a call on my cell for my father, he is a Vietnam veteran. For 40 years he never received benefits from the VA and last year he got a letter from the secretary of the Army stating there had been wrong doing done to him and that he would now be eligible for benefits. They sent him over 11 medals including a purple heart, they also gave him full health benefits and he was finally able to get eye surgery after needing it for the past 10 years. My father also suffers from PTSD (as expected) but has always been able to work and work well up until about 10 years ago, then he started going down hill and not being able to sleep but about 3 hours at night, and he panics under semi-stressful situations. He also suffers from severe migraines due to shrap metal that is in his face from an explosion in Vietnam and has had 2 strokes in the past 8 years that doctors have said were caused by chemicals from the shrap metal entering his blood stream.

so past all of that,

my father got a call today from a VA clinic saying that he is scheduled for blood work in 6 days, and that he is going to meet a psychiatrist at the end of this month, and then go before a board of psychiatrists in June to see if he is eligible for a financial benefit increase from the Army. Right now he is getting benefits for post traumatic stress disorder and it is enough to pay about half of his bills, he has been receiving this for about 5 months now (41 years after the fact)

I wanted to share that because this is something that could really change my dad's life, my dad was not some desk clerk or someone who unloaded gear in Vietnam, he was a very decorated leader and after he was injured he had the Choice to get sent home or return to his squad and he chose to return to them right back smack in the middle of the war. He is also not a druggy or an alcoholic (I have seen my father drink one beer in my entire 23 years of existence) that has been mooching off the government.

I'm really praying that they give my father something, he doesn't need a substantial amount of money but I believe he deserves something. He has worked very hard since leaving the military over 40 years ago, and now he should have a chance to relax. I'm very thankful that the army has done what it has in appreciating my father's service to his country, and it has really allowed my father to get a sense of pride in himself about it. We all know what the vets went through when they got home, they were looked at as nothing even close to heroes

Support our Vets

emerican

Registered VIP
Im glad to hear they are recnozing him man i hope when he goes before them he gets complete and full benifits enought to cover all his bills.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea he could get some back payments as well, you never know, my mom got on SSI disability after 7 yrs of trying & waiting so they have still been sending a few hundred or so extra in each check she gets because of back payments, also if she calls them because she needs more they will allow her to get a few hundred more on a check if needed.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Yea he could get some back payments as well, you never know, my mom got on SSI disability after 7 yrs of trying & waiting so they have still been sending a few hundred or so extra in each check she gets because of back payments, also if she calls them because she needs more they will allow her to get a few hundred more on a check if needed.

I'm just hoping they give him enough to be able to retire, he doesn't have any credit card bills or debt or anything. He doesn't even own a vehicle at the moment, all he has is a house payment and electric and food of course so if they just would cover that stuff he would be perfectly content

so I'm still waiting for the dates to be posted for Wekfest in Miami and Hot import nights, I reallly wanna go to both this year. I believe HIN happens in August and I think Wekfest would probably be around the same time, It won't be the same as a Honda meet but I hear both events are pretty awesome

emerican

Registered VIP
He could get back pay like dj said an older friend of the family had been apllying for disabilty for alot of years not sure exact number. They gave it to him and sent him a 25k back check plus know he gets the regular checks needless to say it was a good day for him lol.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
gees! they sent him this huge thing to fill out so hes sending that back out tomorrow, I was surprised they sent it so quickly normally its months before you hear from them.
Basically he just had to put down his employment records for the past 5 years which is 2 jobs for less than 4 months each, and then his doctors visits and the doctor that qualified him as having PTSD which was one of their doctors. Its kind of confusing to me because they're sending him back to the same facility that they diagnosed him as having PTSD at to see if he has PTSD that makes him unemployable. I don't understand why they wouldn't make that decision the first time?

so basically he told them the first time that he had a hard time keeping a job because of his mental problems and because of that he qualified as having PTSD so Now he has to go to see if he qualifies as not being able to keep a job because of PTSD lol

and for the car,

I've been on a hunt for a used compressor, not much luck yet but I'm still trying. I get a lot of empty promises about compressors I can borrow, either they can't get it or it's not the "big" compressor they said it was and ends up being a useless 2 gallon so I'm just going to try to buy a used one. I got my door handle for my SUV so I'm going to try to get that on tomorrow and get it cleaned up and ready to put on craigslist.

I need a new dome light bulb, think I might search and find a good LED mod for it cause the stock one blows. I fabbed up LEDs in my SUV's dome lights and its crazy bright at night so thats what I want to do with this

thinking about pulling the subs and amp out of it tomorrow and putting them on craigslist, gonna just buy one 12" and a sealed box for now (already have another amp) until I can get my orions.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Just went through your thread and looks good from now to then 10 times better love the bay and vc looks sik

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i figured out the best way to hook up the horn if you decide to put the wheel on then

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
i figured out the best way to hook up the horn if you decide to put the wheel on then
do tell!

95Civic Dx Just went through your thread and looks good from now to then 10 times better love the bay and vc looks sik

thanks man, really appreciate that.

So I put my subs and amp up for sale yesterday and a kid called and wanted to look at them today, it was about that time that I realized I couldn't get the box out of the trunk. I tried everything, different angles and taking it out through the seats and everything. Finally my dad was home and we spent 20 minutes on it and finally got it out, the kid came to look at them and thought they were like the coolest things ever (mainly the lights that glow in the box :roll: lol ) gave me what I was asking for them and stuffed them in his little nissan

I asked about $50 less than I could of got for the subs and amp but it might of taken a few weeks to find someone to buy them, but I'm not greedy and I know what I would pay for them and I know that I didn't buy them so might as well bless someone else with a good deal.

so now I'm going to buy a single sub and a sealed box, and tear out the old amplifier wiring (discovered today that it is 8 gauge and my Audiobahn amp calls for 4 gauge) but the 4 gauge wiring I have is for my dodge and its about 3 feet too short so I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that without have to dish out $40 or so for wiring thats long enough.

I also got the new door handle on my SUV so I can put it up for sale, that was about a 2 1/2 hour chore, then today me and my dad had to pull the console and front half of the dash off my brothers riviera because his evaporator core is bad, that took 4 hours just getting everything off, When we were done my father who has always been an "American Car" lover said to me "you know I have to admit, the Japanese sure do make their cars a lot easier to work on yourself where American car makers put them together to where you have to pay them to work on it" I just laughed, it takes about an hour to take the console out of my mercury, and it took us hours to take the one out of the riviera, it takes me about 5 minutes to take the one out of my civic.

so we have everything out of my brothers car but we decided we'll put it back together tomorrow since it started raining, I noticed some cardboard laying around and decided since my brother is at work I would custom fabricate him a console and spoiler for the time being

I think he'll find this console much nicer, it's also lighter so he can go supah fast

I made this spoiler out of high performance cardboard and NASA grade aluminum AC tape. After all, the car is a supercharged V6 so I think it should have a nice spoiler to keep the back end grounded, Plus it's light so it doesn't put too much extra weight on the car

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i based if off that other write up, but instead of using the tab that was reused, I used that and then used single strand wire that is used in homes and looped it onto an attachment so it would hook up to that tab. basically made a DIY shoe horn. that carried the positive to the button. and then for a ground i just used a ring terminal, connected the ground wire from the horn button to it. sanded the hub all shiney like and connected it to there. simple, easy, works great. Hopefully this made sense

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Love the mods to your brothers car at least plus 100 hp lol
lol at least!

Well i based if off that other write up, but instead of using the tab that was reused, I used that and then used single strand wire that is used in homes and looped it onto an attachment so it would hook up to that tab. basically made a DIY shoe horn. that carried the positive to the button. and then for a ground i just used a ring terminal, connected the ground wire from the horn button to it. sanded the hub all shiney like and connected it to there. simple, easy, works great. Hopefully this made sense

would mine be the same as yours? isn't your's a DX? I keep saying I don't need the horn but it's saved my butt a few times with people backing up and not looking

today I got the 8 gauge amp wiring pulled out of my car, I didn't have to pull any panels out for some reason even though they were under them. I ordered a watertight firewall plug for my 4 gauge wiring so I can drill a hole in the firewall to run my amp wire through,

I tell you one thing... it's hard to run this car out of gas lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is true, but im thinking it should still work. In that write up it shows him connecting the positive, but never grounding it. I feel like he just forgot a step. Also i noticed using just that tab started to dig a groove into the hub, which will at some point destroy it. My way its smooth on smooth and kinda springs so it doesnt destroy the hub adapter.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
nothing new to post, except thattt I got this in the mail

my phones flash = fail

now I just have to decide which keys to put on the Clubcivic one and this one

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
lol I know right.

Wellll I bought a subwoofer last night,

found one for sale that I couldn't pass up no matter what else I needed, It's a Diamond Audio MacDaddy 10" SVC 4ohm. These subs came out in the year 2000 and won a ton of competitions because the 10's pushed like 15's and the 12's pushed like 18s and all with under 1,000 watts needed to them but it's hard to find them now days that are not worn out (being 11 years old and all) and last night I stumbled upon a guy selling one that was brand new still in the box with the manuals and everything so I couldn't let it go by me.

it's exactly what I was looking for, a single sub that hit like a dual pair and could be pushed by the amp I already have and be put in a small box to conserve trunk space.

this is the video of the same model sub, only this guy put his in a much bigger box then I will be (don't like the bluurrrrr from too many cu ft in my bass)

[YOUTUBE="MacDaddy 10" from year 2000 (filmed in 2010)"]GN7kbz-DtSU[/YOUTUBE]

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
10's hit like 10's they hit higher dbs than 12's and 15's the smaller the sub the higher the db they will hit with high quality brands. But if you want to have a small earthquake in your car you need to get a 18 lol. I had four power acoustik mofo 12's in a compression chamber in the beretta with a 5500BAMF 1ohm mono 3200RMS amp and it slammed. Got a ticket with my first setup had six hifonics 12's in a wall in the beretta with the same amp and it slammed. I have had some systems that dumped but sold them for funds for the honda lol. When i do get to the stereo im gonna run a 10" mofo just for bass and door speakers for vocals. I hate when you have distortion in stock speakers from the bass.

O and the upgrades you gave ur brother are sick im going the same thing just with high quality MDF and thin sheet metal for light weight lol.