Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
body work is done! car is now 95% primer'd (ran out) so now it's just the wait from the compressor so I can get it painted.

getting there, getting there.

I still haven't put my steering wheel in yet, I have been going back and forth about it. I've been super bipolar about the safety issues,

1. have no airbag, hit steering wheel
2. have airbag, possibly still hit steering wheel and then be blown in the face by air bag

I don't know

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you guys have no idea about scraping.

I mounted my lip in the garage and ripped it off on my way out, no joke 5 minutes after lol. life sucks. It scrapes all day, everyday.
this is why my car isnt slammed, back in 2k10 when i first droped my car i had a brand new type r lip, went to show it, pulled into mcdonalds a lil to fast and ripped the damn thing off then it was run over by the truck behind me. i refuse to be that low again..those fenders were rolled out and everything. but since my car wreck i have new virgin fenders.

OP, not a fan of the headlights, but everything else looks great! i like to see people do their own body work.
:thumbs up

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
OP, not a fan of the headlights, but everything else looks great! i like to see people do their own body work.
:thumbs up
thanks man
if you mean the headlights that are on it (black housing halos) they're not staying, I have all clear headlights and 50/50 red/clear tail lights sitting in a box in my room, gonna put them on after the body work and paint are done

emerican

Registered VIP
^ will look really good when they are on.
Are you painting it or taking it somewhere?

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
^ will look really good when they are on.
Are you painting it or taking it somewhere?

I'll be painting it, it's against my family's religion pretty much to pay someone to paint a car lol I come from a long line of hot rod mechanics. But the last time I helped paint a car was like 4 years ago when my dad managed to stuff a 454 in his 84' camaro so we painted it a red and flat black theme. First paint job is just a cheap brand satin black, should hold me over until the end of the year then I want to shoot it with a metallic color. The reason I am waiting besides money is because I want to shoot the engine bay and everything at the same time so I'm cheaping out for right now.

So what do you guys think about the safety issue of an aftermarket steering wheel?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My thoughts on the safety issues. Well you can probably guess since i put a wheel on. AND i daily my car. I look at it like this, accidents are rare and wearing a seatbelt helps A LOT. plus people were fine before the started putting airbags in every car

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
My thoughts on the safety issues. Well you can probably guess since i put a wheel on. AND i daily my car. I look at it like this, accidents are rare and wearing a seatbelt helps A LOT. plus people were fine before the started putting airbags in every car

I've had a lot of people in my ear about the safety issue, thats why I posted it here. I try to explain to them how many accidents you see where people hit the steering wheel before the air bag deploys and then get popped in the face with the air bag causing much more injury

then another guy commented on how I would have to rerun my cruise control buttons... but I don't know if I even want to.. every car I have owned has had cruise control and I have never used it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i said screw it. im not even worried. and cruise control is worth the loss to be honest. its not hard to keep your foot there. I would just do it, you can always switch back

emerican

Registered VIP
I would put the aftermarket one on i have also never used cruise control. like 1sik said people where just fine without them. Hell people used to be ok with no seatbelts and no airbags in cars so i say do it man.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
question for you 1sik,

did you keep your horn? did you have to get that metal piece to make it work?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i havent gotten around to hooking it up yet, but there is a easy way to do it using the metal piece off a pen and a wire. you can also get a ef civic shoe horn to use also. Its pretty simple to do. I never use my horn anyways so i wasnt worried about it, i just need it hooked up for inspection then lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup, thats a common one though. i never heard of a place where you didnt

emerican

Registered VIP
Damn i didnt know ive never had emmsions or inspections where i live so i dont know all the rules lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lucky. hopefully next year no more inspections for me. in PA if you keep it under 5k miles a year you dont need one

emerican

Registered VIP
I hope you can keep it under that then man lol.
The county 15 min away from me has them, but mine dont and the county dosent want them half of the town wouldnt pass a million imports on test pipes old muscle on open headers and such and the regualr ragged out stuff that wouldnt pass cause of whatever lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol there are some places here down in town that will pass anyone, but i dont like going that far into town. cars are stolen way to often, its a ghetto area

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah places that will do that arent going to be in the best of areas man i wouldnt take my s**t down there either.

jerseyhonda

We've got them down here in Texas. But 95 and under, pay the guy a little extra cash and your in and out passed no matter what :P

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
i havent gotten around to hooking it up yet, but there is a easy way to do it using the metal piece off a pen and a wire. you can also get a ef civic shoe horn to use also. Its pretty simple to do. I never use my horn anyways so i wasnt worried about it, i just need it hooked up for inspection then lol
I wonder if its all the same under the wheel as a 99-00 cause this guy found an easy way to go about hooking up the horn:

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/7-diys-tech-chat/298715-complete-diy-write-up-aftermarket-steering-wheel-installation.html

did you put a resistor on the SRS clip?