Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get coilovers, not springs. you will regret it in the long run

emerican

Registered VIP
^ you will be able to adjust the height, go lower and they usally ride better than springs.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and dont blow your struts, they are designed for each other

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I can't lay out $500 + guys,

the best I could do would be the regular skunk2 coilovers for like $270

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I bought some side skirts finally online, took forever to find some for a four door but I got them for $69 shipped which I don't think is too terrible considering they have all the clips and everything

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
yeah I was just tired of looking locally lol

today I have ordered:

blue password JDM shift knob
blue vision lug nuts
new cobra radar detector and hard wiring kit

thinking of buying a benen rear tow hook, I like the password JDM ones but benen is like $10 cheaper and is as good of quality *shrug*

I need odds and ends like:
tranny fluid (still)
fuel filter
dome light bulb ect

I know everyone is against it but I think I'm going to buy the tein S techs tomorrow, They're in my price range and they're the right drop for me.

emerican

Registered VIP
have you thought about anything else for the suspsension like lca's subframe brace etc just throwing out ideas.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I wouldn't waste my money on tow hooks and radar detectors. Such a huge waste of money...

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
eh I have to disagree on the radar detector part, radar detector has saved me out of multiple tickets. The one I have had for a while the speaker stopped working in it so I needed a new one

found a guy thats going to let me use his compressor and area to paint, so I'm excited about that.

Emerican I haven't really thought about that kind of stuff, mainly because I don't know much about it. I've been doing a lot of researching but being that I'm away from my car and stuff I seem to be brain dead about what I want/need as to where when I'm home I just walk out ot the garage and think of a million things I want.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the tein springs, and then I need to go get an alignment.

Got my amplifier wiring today, now when I get home I need to drill a hole in the firewall and put the rubber waterproof grommit in and get that going.

I finally get to say this.... Next week I'll have my tag transferred and actually be able to drive this car. woo! it's been 4 months in the making and still much more work to go but I'm getting excited

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
finally bought Honda MTF, I wasn't sure if 2 quarts would cover it so I got a 3rd one.

also bought a new console lid cover, the one I have is shot

I think instead of dropping $40 or so on a rear tow hook I am going to buy a cheapo one, I know its useless but I like them and want one on my car

emerican

Registered VIP
they dont go for that much and it will be a good upgrade to the suspension you should look into them man.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I like my 25$ ebay tow hook lolz
haha I think thats what I'm going to go with,

I got my digital voltmeter in today, looks like this

I bought it before buying my radar detector which just so happens to ALSO have a voltmeter :roll:

Also ordered a new console cover and shift boot

fitted my sub in its new home today, sealed 0.7 cf. Tomorrow I will get the screws to get it in there. I love how small this box is

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
well I ordered my shift boot 1 1/2 shorter than stock, hoping that is the right amount for my short shifter.

I also ordered an led light for my dome light, I was going to build one myself like I did in my SUV but I already have so much to get done when I get back home and only a few day window to do it.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
yeah I really like how small it is, I normally have big sub boxes that take up too much room so its nice to have a little compact one.

does anyone know if I need any type of board or anything to mount my amp to the back of the seat?

emerican

Registered VIP
not sure about that sorry man last amp i had was mounted to the back seats of my talon.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I'm not worried about getting a drop, I already have a drop. I'm wanting to get some better springs under it. I thought the springs I had were ok but after driving it a while I realized they are probably some $35 springs bought off ebay.

When I have a job and income coming in I will invest in coil overs, but at this point it's not a priority to be slammed.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I got my shift knob.

I also had my dad try on the side skirts, he said it looks much less "ghetto" now ha. I'll be getting home next week to start working on the car again, installing springs, interior items, more prepping for paint, and then at some point I will drive it an hour to my friends place and get it painted. THEN I'll be able to put on my headlights and tail lights on (finally)

Considering buying a polyurethane front lip but I think I shoulder wait until I break this one
I also ordered a UV dome light, hoping it looks good.. I just don't like how the plastic on the dome light cover is blurry and blocks light.