Gas Prices...

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah it's the president... dumbasses.

The recent economic downturn has weakened the dollar, which has been further weakened by the fed which has lowered interest rates to try to encourage banks to loan more, which increased inflation.

How does that effect gas prices? Oil is traded in dollars. When the dollar is worth less, it takes more to buy a barrel of oil, and thus more to buy a gallon of gas.

Couple that with the fact that China is quickly becoming a mobilized country and needing more oil and gasoline to fuel their cars means that world demand for oil has increased while OPEC has not increased production.

Same supply but more demand means higher prices.
:thumbup: dont forget pension hedging, paper oil trading, and mutual fund managers blowing this bubble up. it could be a vicious pop, im cool with that.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how the hell do you drive it off...drive it off a cliff?
in wisconsin they dont make you slide your card or prepay before you pump the gas ... im guessing its the same way where he lives in michigan .... although in WI they all have cameras and signs saying you will lose your lisence if you drive off

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
perimium is at 4.09-4.50 here in fort worth it sucks..... it takes 45 to fill up my car
$4.50 :shock:

Where? at the airport? They rape you at DFW Airport because they know you gotta' return your rental car filled up.

It's still around 4.09 to 4.20 everywhere else for 93. Don't know why it's .30 to .40 higher than 87 when it's only .20 higher everywhere else

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
in wisconsin they dont make you slide your card or prepay before you pump the gas ... im guessing its the same way where he lives in michigan .... although in WI they all have cameras and signs saying you will lose your lisence if you drive off
a vast majority of stations in the midwest, save large metro areas, are pump-then-pay =)

spoons

5+ Year Member
cant be arsed goin through all the replies but u want to try runnin a car in the uk...?! today i got 8.55L of normal bog standard fuel at the cost of £10! and the UK has the cheapest fuel!!! B4 TAX....

rant over tax sucks :x

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy f**k, its getting pretty high here. i mean in VA its not as bad as i've seen it in other places. from Fredericksburg (where i just moved too) and VA beach, its like.. 4.09 for 93 and 3.81 for 87. were all basically running E10 if i remember right. the highest i've seen for far was 4.69 but that was for diesal... there is a few places here though that are asking for 3.85 to 3.92. :shock:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
prices here in northcentral indiana dropped about a nickel...

$3.94/gal for regular
$3.99/gal for plus
$4.14/gal for super
$4.24/gal for ultra (94 octane)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just bought a syphon pump. :D lol

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
in NY i payed $4.27... $4.19 for reg $4.27 for plus $4.35 for super
You must be down by NYC? Upstate (way upstate, Lake George upstate) is only $4.05.

eprada87

D-Series Loverr!
5+ Year Member
lol damm i remember when gas was about 1.84 for 93 oct. took about 20 bucks or so to fill up the civic =) i just put 12 dollars yesterday it ALMOST got me 3 gallons. if people are complaining now about gas, jus imagine now in the summer. its just gonna get worst. its already 4.23 for 93 in miami

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol damm i remember when gas was about 1.84 for 93 oct. took about 20 bucks or so to fill up the civic =) i just put 12 dollars yesterday it ALMOST got me 3 gallons. if people are complaining now about gas, jus imagine now in the summer. its just gonna get worst. its already 4.23 for 93 in miami
:shock: Yes, I was just down there a few days ago. It hurt to fill up. :lol:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CNN just reported that American's believe we may go into a gas shortage.

em-2

5+ Year Member
over here in los angeles its 4.50 average, the word oil shortage is becoming reality but not anytime soon, but u never know, supply and demand is on a whole new level. gas is only gonna get worst. f**k our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know wtf. I mean i got the $ to fill up and s**t. But it just sucks.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got an 89 Olds Eighty Eight for free as a beater. It takes almost a hundred bucks to fill. Gas is measured by liters here and it's about 1.40/liter.

It comes out to about 5.30/US gallon... and that's for regular.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
truckers need to strike. . do some thing about it. 40$ to fill up a civic Economy car WTF i jst came back from ecuador, the gas was 1.50 reg and 1.03 Dis. over 25% of my checks go to gas if i dont drive i dont wrk .. i dont wrk .. i dont eat .. i dont eat... i die .. and even then i still need gas money .. i would like to see the presidential canditates on a debate about OIL