Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Did you go with the style of that orginal wheel you had liked or a different one.
Hopefully the exhaust wont do what mine did, but if it does it was an easy fix took 5 min.
yep went with the original one I liked with the blue stitching,

woke up this morning around 8 and my dad had already left for work so I popped my hood to take the valve cover off and he had already put my header on! talked to him this evening and he said it took him all of 25 minutes to get it on and bolted up

I can't tell you exactly how it sounds because I didn't have my air intake on when I ran it lol but for the most part it sounds completely different and the lawn mower sound is gone. no more putt putt during de-acceleration and I can feel quite a difference in power compared to the header with the huge crack lol

pulled valve cover, gonna paint it at some point this week

then stopped at advance on the way home from the beach and picked up some Purple Goodies

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep went with the original one I liked with the blue stitching,

woke up this morning around 8 and my dad had already left for work so I popped my hood to take the valve cover off and he had already put my header on! talked to him this evening and he said it took him all of 25 minutes to get it on and bolted up

I can't tell you exactly how it sounds because I didn't have my air intake on when I ran it lol but for the most part it sounds completely different and the lawn mower sound is gone. no more putt putt during de-acceleration and I can feel quite a difference in power compared to the header with the huge crack lol

pulled valve cover, gonna paint it at some point this week

then stopped at advance on the way home from the beach and picked up some Purple Goodies

Header looks great! You & your purple goodies, are you getting ready to clean the bay?

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Header looks great! You & your purple goodies, are you getting ready to clean the bay?
yes I am, nothing says I love my car like a clean engine bay.. no matter what you've got in it.

I sent an email out to a local tinting shop tonight that does colored tints for tail lights and headlights, considering doing that instead of swapping lights if the price is right. But I don't know the laws about tinting, they do red, blue, yellow, smoke, black, ect

can't decide if I want to invest in a b&m short throw dual bend shifter or not,

I don't really want to pay the $100 or so for a skunk one

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the B&M short would be the way to go, it looks just as nice IMO.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I LOVE my b&m straight stick. best investment i made probably along with urethane shifter bushings. Also, i wouldnt recommend tinting your lights. it IS illegal

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b&m is a very good shifter. i never had the dual bend. ive only had the straight stick. but i love it, i definately recommend it. dual bend will just sit it back farther. you wont regret it, also i recommend changing to urethane bushings awhile. its around $15 i think i seen it for the other day

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
thats what this is right? (except that this one is rubber) it was in my glove box unopened when I bought the car

is it hard to install a short shifter?

Cooper76

It's easy to change. Just put mine in yesterday, B&M with poly bushings. It shifts so much better now!

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Nice build...just went through the whole thing. great progress. Did you get the cat back exhaust as well? I order all of it and im waiting to instal it. Is the tone raspy or deep? I will sell my s**t if its raspy lol. And did you get the lip yet? I wanna order one but im still tryiing to sell my roof spoiler first.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Nice build...just went through the whole thing. great progress. Did you get the cat back exhaust as well? I order all of it and im waiting to instal it. Is the tone raspy or deep? I will sell my s**t if its raspy lol. And did you get the lip yet? I wanna order one but im still tryiing to sell my roof spoiler first.
thank you,

no I just bought the header, my car has some type of after market muffler on it and when I do get exhaust it will be apexi n1 but seeing as I don't have the dough for that right now.. just gonna stick with what I have until then.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its that piece, and another one that goes up front. And they are a joke to put in. thirty minutes you can do it. Also if you like your muffler i would say go to a shop to have it done. way cheaper and just as good

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i got the energy suspension ones. and thats what you need

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
got my valve cover cleaned up, wish I would of took a before picture.. this thing was caked with gunk

but a little elbow grease and purple power cleaned it up pretty well

Decided I didn't like the honda emblem, it's not as cool as the ones that say VTEC and what not... so we got rid of it.

Made a run to advance auto to pick up so paint,

don't ask me what my theme is all I know is it involves some or all of this paint, hoping tomorrow that I'll wake up and picasso will have filled my head with ideas :lol:

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got my valve cover cleaned up, wish I would of took a before picture.. this thing was caked with gunk

but a little elbow grease and purple power cleaned it up pretty well

Decided I didn't like the honda emblem, it's not as cool as the ones that say VTEC and what not... so we got rid of it.

Made a run to advance auto to pick up so paint,

don't ask me what my theme is all I know is it involves some or all of this paint, hoping tomorrow that I'll wake up and picasso will have filled my head with ideas :lol:

Nice, grinded that s**t down, why didn't I think of that, oh it's because I don't have air tools, my compressor is too small, I just use it to blow out computers, LOL!

emerican

Registered VIP
Header looks good man glad to hear its working well for you.
Im sure it sounds better than a cracked manifold making the exhaust leak lol.
Cant wait for the finished valve cover.