Soon2bsick Vtec

emerican

Registered VIP
lol thats pretty funny i wouldnt ever put one on my car, but alot of cars look good with them as long as you get the right one.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
lol thats pretty funny i wouldnt ever put one on my car, but alot of cars look good with them as long as you get the right one.
hey emerican while I have you in here... how do you get the stupid censor off of the header? lol

emerican

Registered VIP
Are you talking about the 02 sensor that plugs into the stock manifold i have a specfic tool for taking 02 sensors off i can get you a pic of it if you want.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I've circled the sensor and the clip that is at the tail end (on the left) I can't get the clip off the metal and I don't know how the sensor comes out

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when mine was done, i just took the heat shield off and i think i used an adjustable wrench. atleast i know i did on the bottom one

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah just take the heatshield off the other side not the part that goes into the manifold should unclip rather easily mine did anyway. Once you have the heatshiled off it will be alot easier to see and the sensor just unsrews amd comes straight out. Cresent wrenches will work for this thats how i always did it before i got the special tool.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I got the heat shield off by removing the wire clip that I finally got off, its still in the header but I am going to attempt to get it out once the header is off the motor. So far I have the front nuts off the header, they came off super easy for some reason. Once my pops gets home with the jack we're gonna get this thing off

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would take the 02 sensor off first that way its mounted to something so it should be easier to remove.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
well I decided since it was getting pretty dark to mess with the sensor later and just get the old header out,

couldn't get the header to come out in one piece and I had every bolt out but one where the header meets the 2 piece and discovered the bolt was stripped, after fooling with it for thirty minutes I got tired of it and did a little cuttage and pulled the sucker out

a friend of mine spazzed about it because now if the new one doesn't work (putting it in tomorrow) I can't put the old one back in, but I'm not even driving this thing yet so who cares.

so far I have ordered,

Blue LED Shift Light
Upper Mugen Replica Strut Bar

I've got about $255 cash now and $50 more coming this weekend to spend.... I haven't made my mind up about a steering wheel so I'm still thinking on things

emerican

Registered VIP
I would have defintly done the same thing to the stock manifold if i didnt have to drive it.
Cant wait to see her with all the new parts on it man.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
How are the welds on the ebay header are you happy with it im just wondering.
welds look good, I'm a little concerned about the fitting from the block to the header but I won't know if it's just me being anal or not until tomorrow when I put it on.

is your new header just supported by the top and bottom bolts? mine isn't going to line up to bolt up to the support bracket so it will just be hanging on by where it connects (to block and to cat)

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah mine is the same way i dont know of any that line up with that bracket.
The only problem i ran into is since it dosent connect to that bracket is after i installed the header there was a good amount of exhaust vibration and you could hear it in the car. I had to take all the heat shields out where the exhaust was rubbing them to make it go away. I was told cause that bracket is used to stablize the exhaust and cut down on vibration. Mine is fine now but i took every heat shield i had out.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
hmm okay, guess I'll just have to make it work.

Just ordered a steering wheel & regular hub. I went with a 320mm because all of the 350mm were either out of my price range or a deep dish which is not what I wanted. I saw a 320mm today and all in all it wasn't too bad at all, smaller than the stock of course but not bad. If I end up not liking it, I'm only out $50 instead of $250.

I'm down to $180 to spend lol and then whatever I get this weekend

emerican

Registered VIP
Did you go with the style of that orginal wheel you had liked or a different one.
Hopefully the exhaust wont do what mine did, but if it does it was an easy fix took 5 min.