Soon2bsick Vtec

blue888

speaking of AEM... I think Im going to replace the filter on mine (with AEM of course) for all I know this filter could have been on here for like 4 years or something..plus....its RED lol

and like these guys on here said blue888, the information is out there .. you just gotta want to do it. I'm no mechanic, this is only my second car. If I can do this stuff...ANYONE can

haha yea but by judging from the pics its like its done by a pro...kudos

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, great job man, looks really good, I bet those door handles are tricky, when I get time I'll do something to mine, need to clean the interior first.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Thanks guys for the input, Got some more body work done today and the other dang sticker off, Then got everything sanded, body filled and primed over the body filler

she's starting to come along on the outside, exterior things I have plans for are

Spoiler
Side skirts (mine are completely...not there)
tail lights
front lip
rear lip

would like to get new shocks at some point when I have the cash, and then tint of course. I can't wait to get rid of this janked up walmart tint job this thing has on it. Considering doing a %15 & %5 job like I have on my SUV

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I really need help doing the bodywork on my car, just want to get it prepped to paint, trying to save some money, yours is looking good so far.

emerican

Registered VIP
Damn man the interior looks good after that paintjob, Car is coming along pretty quick.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Damn man the interior looks good after that paintjob, Car is coming along pretty quick.
thanks man, I've just been putting together one piece at a time when I scrape money up.

I have my NGK spark plug wires and my royal purple oil filter coming this week,
I'm getting the megan 4-2-1 header & a new battery for my birthday.
Hoping to have enough birthday money left over to get my royal purple oil, distributer cap and fuel filter.

I'm going to wait to put everything on at once (big 3 ground kit, header, oil, transmission fluid, distr, wires, plugs, ect) and get things cleaned up and painted around the engine. I drove the car again and still no oil leak so... I think it's fixed!

from 3/4 tank to just below half a tank it took forever to burn up the fuel, but seems like its burning a lot more fuel now that its around 1/4 tank... is that normal?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup. thats normal. And how long did it take for you to sand your body down? i just got most of my body work done and have to sand it done so i can have my friend paint the car

emerican

Registered VIP
Mine hasnt leaked i fixed it today had to drop the whole oil pan and changed the oil pan gasket. Put the megan 4-2-1 header on as well today im really happy with it. Good quality welds and so on and install was perfect no fitment issues or anything like that. Hope it works out same for you i will have pics of mine up tommrw it looks a million times better than the stock manifold.
Yeah that normal it has lots of factors im sure, but one reason it does that is from over half a tank you lose less gas to evaporation thats why its reccomed to put gas in at a half a tank.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
yup. thats normal. And how long did it take for you to sand your body down? i just got most of my body work done and have to sand it done so i can have my friend paint the car

I spread it out over a few days, it could be done in one day easily if your arms are up to it or you have someone helping you. I recommend getting a sanding block to help, a lot less strain on the arms.

Mine hasnt leaked i fixed it today had to drop the whole oil pan and changed the oil pan gasket. Put the megan 4-2-1 header on as well today im really happy with it. Good quality welds and so on and install was perfect no fitment issues or anything like that. Hope it works out same for you i will have pics of mine up tommrw it looks a million times better than the stock manifold.
Yeah that normal it has lots of factors im sure, but one reason it does that is from over half a tank you lose less gas to evaporation thats why its reccomed to put gas in at a half a tank.

that sounds like a chore, I was surprised at how easy it was to change the vtec gasket

annddd I totally dipped out of buying a $140 megan header and bought a $50 stainless steel 4-2-1 header off EBAY :shock: and yes...yes I know about ebay products :roll: but you know I have heard just as much bad stuff about megan headers as I have of ebay headers and obviously emerican is happy with his product.

I did lots of researching before picking my product, there are quite a few threads on d-series about quality ebay headers so I went with one most people are pleased with. If it cracks... I'm out $50. and I save $100 to put towards something else that I probably don't need that I haven't decided on yet

so we'll see if this decision is going to bite me in the arse or not, but if it does *shrug* $50 is better than $150 - $200

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinking the same thing, only out $50 is not so bad, a buddy of mine just put the same ones your getting on his civic & i think it looks nice & sounds great, he also put in a new cat as well so I'm sure that helps too.

emerican

Registered VIP
If d-series guys are pleased with it im sure you wont have any problems with it man. Yes it defintly was a chore its actually not that hard to do just time consuming the fact my lower tie bar kept being in my way didnt make it any easier for me. When you getting the header to put it on.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I was thinking the same thing, only out $50 is not so bad, a buddy of mine just put the same ones your getting on his civic & i think it looks nice & sounds great, he also put in a new cat as well so I'm sure that helps too.

yeah I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes,

I'm interested in hearing the sound difference in my exhaust between a super cracked header with broken gasket and a none cracked with non broken gasket lol

soo... now I have about $160 work with... anyone got any ideas?

I already have or will have after bday:

wires
plugs
oil filter (getting oil after bday)
grille
battery
big 3 ground kit
header

emerican

Registered VIP
50/50 tails can be had for pretty cheap and leave you a good bit to get something else with.
Paint a few things under the hood engine paint is just a couple bucks gives you something to do and is easy
strut tower bars maybe not sure your feelings on them.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get a quick release steering wheel, get a whole kit with NRG release kit for around $120, good looking wheel too.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it all depends. a quick release can go for 80 alone

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol yeah i got it cheap too since i bought it off my friend, basically got the hub adapter for free. also a wheel will be 50 at cheapest. thats a ebay wheel, but they are no different than a personal or momo wheel