Soon2bsick Vtec

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Random Pics

Nothing to update as of today, just took a few pics since I broke my Nikon out. Will have updates over the weekend.

Front Door Panels Finished
Seat Covers Put On (Old OCC ones I had in my SUV lol)

Sub box that came with the car taking up a ridiculous amount of trunk space

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Door panels came out really nice, I wonder if I could do as good of job, I like the grey in mine but want more black accents, looking good bro!

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
thanks man, this is a lot easier task than you would think, I spread it out over a couple of days because 1. I kept running out of paint and 2. rain. I had to take the interior apart on a 95 S10 and that was 3x as hard as taking this one apart.

Getting the right paint is the main part of it, I laid down duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint on every piece I painted 1-2 coats, and after that was dry I did 1-2 coats of krylon paint for plastics. Doesn't have a sticky feel at all, real smooth

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wtf is that wire running through your door? please fix that before you do ANYTHING. thats a horrible idea. There is gaskets you can run it through right there on the firewall. Under the batter tray and at the fusebox.

interior came out pretty good though, i would recommend doing the two top pieces on the center of the dash in blue to match the bottom two though. Your half way done, just got the rear to go and your set

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
wtf is that wire running through your door? please fix that before you do ANYTHING. thats a horrible idea. There is gaskets you can run it through right there on the firewall. Under the batter tray and at the fusebox.

interior came out pretty good though, i would recommend doing the two top pieces on the center of the dash in blue to match the bottom two though. Your half way done, just got the rear to go and your set

Appreciate the feedback bud but I don't find it necessary to be "wtf'ing" or F bombing in my thread, theres more mature ways to ask questions without resorting that.

its an Amp Wire.

and nah that would be too much blue, I'm already feeling like it has too much blue as it is, might repaint the pocket back to black. I don't want it to get that "I just watched fast and furious" look. I'm going to get the back done eventually, but right now I'm focusing on the motor & finishing the body. I don't sit in the back seat so it's not going to bug me.... just yet. The carpet bugs me already, but I don't see myself wanting to rip out the whole interior to change it any time soon. Maybe some black floor mats thrown in there will take my mind off of it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hm didnt know saying wtf was that bad, but ok. Anyways, I did car audio for awhile and if i had seen that i would probably smack the person that did it. You never do that. please fix that, its a simple fix and that can cause a short.

I agree with you on the blue, it send me right back to F&F. All black would look much cleaner. How did you do the front pillar pieces and not the back though? The back goes over the front.....

Also you can rit dye the carpet black

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
amp was already in the car when I bought it, might fix it later but I'm not even driving this thing yet. I'm not sure what you mean, my front pillars go over my back ones. might be dif on your's cause you have a coupe

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha that would answer it then, i was thinking this was a coupe. my bad. yeah i would definatly fix that. shouldnt take more than a couple mintues. disconnect from battery. pop a hole. push it through. reconnect

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Trip to the Auto Parts Store

So today I got quite a bit done with the car, nothing exterior though (thats for tomorrow before the big game :D)

For starters I pulled the distributor off and put on the new O-ring to see if that will stop the oil leak, so far so good. We'll see if it's really stopped over the next few days.
I'm really hoping it does fix it so I can go ahead and change over to Royal Purple

I took a trip to my local parts store and picked up a few things

Antifreeze, Seafoam, Platinum TT spark plugs, and Primer for the body filler tomorrow. Then decided since I was there that I might as well pick up more
Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric and Krylon in case I get bored enough to paint the back door panels this week.

I bought the Antifreeze because it was on sale and I figured eh why not flush the radiator.

Well I was kind of bummed and felt like I wasted my money to find out that the antifreeze that came out of it was still pretty neon greeny so it really didn't need it.

That bummedness quickly turned to being thankful I did it because when I took the radiator cap off it came off in pieces leaving half of it still twist locked in the radiator opening.
So basically this thing was sitting inside there broken and had I not taken the cap off to do the flush I would of had a big problem later on.
After some shimming and prying with the needle nose pliers it all came out

the pieces of the cap

So I went ahead with the flush and got my antifreeze in and I'm going to run into town and get a new cap tomorrow

Tomorrow after I get my new radiator cap I'm gonna go ahead and run my seafoam through the fuel system and maybe pick up some seafoam air filter/throttle system cleaner.
Then we're going to finish getting the rest of the body filler done on the right side and prime.
I'm not going to install the new spark plugs until I get my new wires this week so I can do it all at once,

Considering painting the valve cover at the same time once I decide on a color. I thought I was going to go with blue but my new wires are blue and I think it will look splotchy,
also going to paint my AEM intake tube because my theme isn't red...
considering painting it white or a light color to keep it cool (rather than black) but who knows.​

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
So today I got quite a bit done with the car, nothing exterior though (thats for tomorrow before the big game :D)

For starters I pulled the distributor off and put on the new O-ring to see if that will stop the oil leak, so far so good. We'll see if it's really stopped over the next few days.
I'm really hoping it does fix it so I can go ahead and change over to Royal Purple

I took a trip to my local parts store and picked up a few things

Antifreeze, Seafoam, Platinum TT spark plugs, and Primer for the body filler tomorrow. Then decided since I was there that I might as well pick up more
Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric and Krylon in case I get bored enough to paint the back door panels this week.

I bought the Antifreeze because it was on sale and I figured eh why not flush the radiator.

Well I was kind of bummed and felt like I wasted my money to find out that the antifreeze that came out of it was still pretty neon greeny so it really didn't need it.

That bummedness quickly turned to being thankful I did it because when I took the radiator cap off it came off in pieces leaving half of it still twist locked in the radiator opening.
So basically this thing was sitting inside there broken and had I not taken the cap off to do the flush I would of had a big problem later on.
After some shimming and prying with the needle nose pliers it all came out

the pieces of the cap

So I went ahead with the flush and got my antifreeze in and I'm going to run into town and get a new cap tomorrow

Tomorrow after I get my new radiator cap I'm gonna go ahead and run my seafoam through the fuel system and maybe pick up some seafoam air filter/throttle system cleaner.
Then we're going to finish getting the rest of the body filler done on the right side and prime.
I'm not going to install the new spark plugs until I get my new wires this week so I can do it all at once,

Considering painting the valve cover at the same time once I decide on a color. I thought I was going to go with blue but my new wires are blue and I think it will look splotchy,
also going to paint my AEM intake tube because my theme isn't red...
considering painting it white or a light color to keep it cool (rather than black) but who knows.​
I was also thinking of painting my intake white and my valve cover possibly blue, though I'm not sure because I wanted my car's theme to be white/grey/black. I'm breaking my head trying to figure out what color to choose!

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I was also thinking of painting my intake white and my valve cover possibly blue, though I'm not sure because I wanted my car's theme to be white/grey/black. I'm breaking my head trying to figure out what color to choose!
lol know how you feel, I was pretty dead set on a blue valve cover until I decided on the blue spark plug wires. Now its probably going to be a black valve cover, blue wires and white intake. I'll have other various items in the engine bay to make up some of the lost blue like blue radiator stay, blue cap cover, blue or black oil cap, blue strut bar ect

talked to my step dad tonight about possibly welding up a roll bar for me, not the whole cage but just the main hoop with some supporting legs at the bottom. I want to put in some racing harnesses and seats soon but not unless I have a roll bar. He seems pretty confident about building one for me so might look into some metal soon. Hes a pretty good welder and has all the tools to do it

he built/welded this pork smoker & grill this past winter

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HEEEELLLL YEAAAA

smoke some pig/chicken over apple, then hand pull it and mix it still hot in homemade bbq sauce. MMMMHHHHMMMMm

:drool:

good progress

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
HEEEELLLL YEAAAA

smoke some pig/chicken over apple, then hand pull it and mix it still hot in homemade bbq sauce. MMMMHHHHMMMMm

:drool:
good progress

haha we do pulled pork, briskit & chicken on it. We don't believe in mixing meat in bbq sauce down here, only adding a little to the top. We home make our sauces too, doing one this weekend with ghost chili peppers.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Superbowl sunday!

Well while waiting for the superbowl to kick off I decided to get some random things done on the car,

I knew I wanted a vtec light so I got some stuff to do it today, Thankfully I found the right wire but unfortunately my wire & tap in clips are far too large so I have to get some smaller stuff tomorrow to get it to work. but I went ahead and pulled the gauge cluster out, put in my color piece/paper with vtec on it and tested it out.

I couldn't get my camera to focus in on it when the bathroom lights were off so I had to settle with the lights on,

I think it looks pretty good, its kind of a mellow light blue which is okay. I haven't decided which bulb I will use, one is smaller and will need taped in but its pretty bright almost too bright the other is dimmer but wont need taped in cause it fits snug :word:

tomorrow I'm going to attempt to feed the wire to the other side of the dash and get it hooked up... we'll see how it goes

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, I might change the faces & lights in mine after I fix my electrical issues.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want to do this on one side and a shift light on the other side and alarm led lol

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I was going to do a shift light in the gauge face but I think it would get confusing with the vtec light in there as well lol,

my alarm light is on the side over by my sunroof buttons, it blinks a little too often for my taste but eh it does its job

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
This reminds me that I also need to get a new faceplate for my gauges! The person before me put some carbon-fiber wannabe crap and now it's all cracking.