Official WoW (world of warcraft) thread

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice. I've always wanted a priest. Every mmo/rpg I've played, I've made a caster. I'm not a huge melee fan. But I'm so sick of leveling toons, I don't want to make one :lol:. Next one to make is going to be a mage since they got rid of all the f**king city portals in Dalaran... Warlock is on his own account and the other 4 80's are on another. And the only reason why I moved my warlock off is to be able to enchant my own gear :lol: :lol:.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My pos comp cant handle the lastest expansion now that it's fully downloaded so I have 2x lvl 82s and a lvl 9 worg and I cant play them cause my comp crashes wen I move :/

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Time to buy a new computer!

John - Definitely make a mage.. not only are they fun as hell.. you make bank now that there are no more portals. I'm making soo much gold from ports. Ridiculous. Removing portals was a mage's wet dream.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah my guild leader is a mage and he said since the patch hes made over 1300 gold from it.

On a side note, its a pain in the ass!

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats, i hit 85 last night too. I have 111k health as a pally tank. Heroooics time!
Yup, I have 101k in my shadow gear 69k mana and like 96k health and 80k mana in my heal gear.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Barely got to play today, but I got a couple of battlegrounds in.

Flame orb (mage) is a fun spell. It's nice to just send it into a crowd of people fighting as a dps booster. I haven't actually decided how valuable it is in 1v1 yet, but I know I'm having fun with it. Looking forward to 83 when I get ring of frost.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ding'd 85 yesterday afternoon. I checked my time played on level 84 and I was surprised to see 8-9 hours. Time definitely flies when I play that game. I missed it. It's actually fun now.

I'm not playing for gear though atm. I'm done raiding. I just don't have the time for it and don't want to get pulled into the game seriously again. I'm playing for the $$$. While things are still rare, I'm going to farm the s**t out of enchanting mats and roll in the $$$. I've done all the hyjal and vashj'ir quests and I'm almost done with Deepholm and Uldum. Tons of greens and blues from quest rewards and looting. I gotta level my pally too to start mining/bs and then get my shaman up to start jc.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have not had the time I'd like to have. Still leveling. At 84, halfway to 85. Working most of the day tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll hit 85 tomorrow either. It's looking like Wednesday will be the day.

On another note, Uldum is awesome. I loved the quests there. Definitely my new favorite area.

AND, Mages are definitely gonna get nerfed at some point. I'm at level 84 with 76K HP. I was in Strands of the Ancient earlier, and I took on 5 Horde by myself, for a good 5-10 seconds.. WHILE STUNNED. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but my survivability is way overpowered at the moment.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have not had the time I'd like to have. Still leveling. At 84, halfway to 85. Working most of the day tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll hit 85 tomorrow either. It's looking like Wednesday will be the day.

On another note, Uldum is awesome. I loved the quests there. Definitely my new favorite area.

AND, Mages are definitely gonna get nerfed at some point. I'm at level 84 with 76K HP. I was in Strands of the Ancient earlier, and I took on 5 Horde by myself, for a good 5-10 seconds.. WHILE STUNNED. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but my survivability is way overpowered at the moment.
Yeah when you fresh hit 85 you should have around 100k.

I have a few heroic pieces now on my pally tank and i have 133k.

p.s. i still get hit like a b***h.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have 91k HP as an 85 warlock. As said earlier, tanks will have over 200k with high ilvl raid gear at some point. I've seen a few tanks with over 110k doing regular dungeons, not heroics.

My survivability sucks as a clothy. I get raped. I can take on 1 or 2 guys, sometimes 3. Having a minion definitely helps. But if I'm getting attacked by 4/5+ at once, I'm dead within 10 seconds.

And you know what pisses me off???? When you're at 106/108 quests for the Uldum quest achievement and you CAN'T f**king FIND THEM. And then you think "oh hey, I have 2 quests that are dungeon quests. Let's see if they count towards the achievement" and you wait a f**king hour for the que and spend another hour in the dungeon because the healer is the only non-85 (84) and we die every other trash pull and a couple times on bosses AND THEN COME TO FIND OUT THEY DON'T COUN TOWARDS THE f**king ACHIEVEMENT.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tanking is no longer about stacking stam, its all about mitigation now. dont be afraid of tanks who dont have high hp. i was healing heroics last night and came across a tank in lost city who had 180k hp but i couldnt keep him alive because he was just taking hits, not dodging, parrying, or blocking. then in vc i came across a tank with 130k hp and we one shot the whole place without cc.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man.. If it was like that now, my tank would f**king ROCK. My 80 was (well is) built for mitigation. I always had lower HP even with similarly gearscore tanks but my friend would always tell me healing me was so much easier than most tanks because I would dodge/block/parry everything.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tanking is no longer about stacking stam, its all about mitigation now. dont be afraid of tanks who dont have high hp. i was healing heroics last night and came across a tank in lost city who had 180k hp but i couldnt keep him alive because he was just taking hits, not dodging, parrying, or blocking. then in vc i came across a tank with 130k hp and we one shot the whole place without cc.
Yeah but it also depends on what kind of tank really. Pally tank stacks mastery and stam. The mastery does wonders and the stam just adds to it.

My pally is sitting at 150k health unbuffed, and like 52% chance to block 30% of the damage. Those are some really good tanking stats for having heroic blues and the occasional epic.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Decided to pay for my other account and start my pally. I've done 80 to 19% into 82 as of today. I'm still playing. I'll probably get another 20-30% and go to bed.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yo I'm back in the game. Dinged 82 around an hour ago. Undead Rogue on Vashj Realm (Kirack).

Why the f**k did I just say Yo? lol