Soon2bsick Vtec

blue888

danm I hear and see you guys do all this crazy stuff too your civics that i just dream i could on mines. But I can't... I would just mess it up.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
danm I hear and see you guys do all this crazy stuff too your civics that i just dream i could on mines. But I can't... I would just mess it up.
What kind of Civic you have? Mess it up?? The car is like a set of legos, easy to take apart & put back together, it's not a dream.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A monkey could work on a civic. its really not hard at all

blue888

a 2001 civic ex coupe..... yea like legos but you need skills and knowlegede on what your doing lol

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a 2001 civic ex coupe..... yea like legos but you need skills and knowlegede on what your doing lol
Download a service manual for your car & read the whole thing, you will be surprised at how much you can do, I have come a long way in 2 months of learning what to do on my civic & I have the fine ppl on this board & my service manual to thank for everything that has been done to my car.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol chances are whatever you do, one of us on here can talk you through it step by step if you cant figure it out. And im pretty confident that someone has already asked the same thing and you can find it

blue888

thanks you guys. Right now I just wanted to start simple like adding a ebay intake to the car. Mostly just for the sound... though I have been told to not waste the money on it. I have only changed the inetrior bulbs and the stick shift knob lol thats it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have a gauge cluster without a tach you could look into a cluster with a tach. its a super easy swap and take no wiring to do or anything. just plug and play. lips are easy. there is a lot you can do thats pretty simple

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check craigslist also. sorry for the thread jack lol

emerican

Registered VIP
Ebay intakes are ok but if your gonna get one order it throw away the filter that came with it and get an aem dryflow.

emerican

Registered VIP
Between aem and k&n its probably more of a personal opnion thing i perfer the aem dryflow, but thats just me.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
Busy day

So I finished the interior painting today, took some pics n what not stuff

the good stuff

misc panels

Door panels after one coat of Duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint

After applying a few coats of the krylon I let them dry for an hour in the bright sun, and then put them in the shade to continue to dry but not fry cause it was dang hot today

Plastics all back in

I have the normal scratches and what not here and there from re-installing everything but I'm going to touch all those up tomorrow with a paint brush and some duplicolor sprayed into the paint can cap, also I need to paint the door lock knob things to match the front ones... was gonna go all gnarly and paint them blue but I had a R.I. (rice intervention) with myself and stopped

tomorrow starting back again on the body work, will be nice to have this car all one color even if it is flat dreary smoke gray... still no idea on the header. Neither website I have tried to contact has emailed me back regarding my questions

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
speaking of AEM... I think Im going to replace the filter on mine (with AEM of course) for all I know this filter could have been on here for like 4 years or something..plus....its RED lol

and like these guys on here said blue888, the information is out there .. you just gotta want to do it. I'm no mechanic, this is only my second car. If I can do this stuff...ANYONE can